Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I need to wire up the 3 small factory gauges (battery, boost, temp) in my evo 9

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I need to wire up the 3 small factory gauges (battery, boost, temp) in my evo 9

long story short i thought my friend could wire up my new head unit, subwoofer and amp, and new speakers in my evo 9 cause he said he could but ended up hacking it all up and cut pretty much every wire behind my climate control, radio, 3 gauge's area and now the 3 factory gauges don't work . I took out the gauges and the wires are just cut but i can't see where they go to...without taking pretty much every dash panel out which i really don't wanna do but will if i have to. There are 2 thicker wires which im sure power the gauges but wouldn't there be more wires since there are 3 gauges? All i'm seeing are a red and yellow wire that just go back and down behind the climate control. Anyone with any info on how or where the other wires are and which ones to connect to each other would be awesome! I'm gonna post up some pics either tonight or tomorrow in the day light. Or if someone has a link to a diy about this please post it up, thanks!

I almost forgot, my cig port/plug/power supply don't work/power anything anymore either!!! At least i got my system working so now i finally have music in my evo after going over 6 month without music...got pretty tired of using my iphone as my stereo hahaha!

-Mario

Last edited by speedfreak24; Feb 10, 2015 at 10:13 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Sounds like your friend is a dick and you need to talk to him about paying to get it fixed.

This is far too complicated for anyone over the internet to troubleshoot. Wires could be from anywhere and go anywhere. Usually gauges are powered by one wire though and daisy-chained together in parallel
Old Feb 11, 2015, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by llDemonll
Sounds like your friend is a dick
He sounds like he's in highschool

The OEM gauges are installed by the dealer I'm pretty sure, so the quality of that work is up in the air from the start.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will need a wiring diagram for all your accessories && gauges, and a lot of time. Going to be a massive pain in the ***.

I reckon you should just go to mitsu and get it all sorted there in exchange for some mula.

Then again, it might not be as bad as it sounds, im just picturing all these butchered wires that are tangled up and are everywhere Post a picture when you can and maybe we could help.

Edit: I just dont understand how your mate managed to screw up all the cars utilities :/ I suck at car audio, but managed to install car audio (sub, amp, headunit) in both my skyline and evo without any dramas. Im assuming he rushed the job, or had some vendetta against the car

Last edited by deza3000; Feb 14, 2015 at 02:21 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
chances are he just had no idea what he was doing but said he did