Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo 1 stalling when coming to a full stop

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo 1 stalling when coming to a full stop

Hey everyone I have a little bit of a problem and would be great if u guys could give me some tips. I have a genuine evo 1 with some minor mods. Running a t70 turbo. I have 2 intake pipes. One is the stock rubber pipe which I don't like at all. Other is a aluminum pipe. Car just loves the aluminum pipe but every time I come to a stop it stalls. Very annoying in traffic! It does not do this with the stock intake pipe. Any one have any ideas on wat it could be? I've checked pipe for leaks and it's sweet!
Attached Thumbnails evo 1 stalling when coming to a full stop-20150217_142052.jpg   evo 1 stalling when coming to a full stop-1222.jpg  
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:17 AM

Any one?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The Metal pipe messed up the MAF reading. Put the Rubber pipe back in its place. Stop being a ricer!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
The Metal pipe messed up the MAF reading. Put the Rubber pipe back in its place. Stop being a ricer!
Damn I'm a ricer now lol? Is there any way of using the metal pipe? And don't tell me I need a standalone ecu to get rid of maf as I've seen thousands of people use custom made intake pipes with stock ecu and maf in place
Old Feb 17, 2015, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
when you let off gas some of the compressed air reverses through the turbo. most of that flow is deflected with the rubber bellows before it reaches the maf. with a alloy pipe the air reverses through the maf. causes maf counts to drop suddenly when they shouldnt. the maf reads the same no matter which direction the air is flowing through it.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by evolution4.7
Damn I'm a ricer now lol? Is there any way of using the metal pipe? And don't tell me I need a standalone ecu to get rid of maf as I've seen thousands of people use custom made intake pipes with stock ecu and maf in place
You may luck out and find another metal pipe that won't mess with your MAF reading. Ricer is meant for those that messed with the car's performance for blings. Glad you are not offended easily.