Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

00 evo VI on ebay

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2004, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by LancerEvo5GSR
haha i ran the vins and... the first one is a lancer but the one in the text that he typed is and invalid vin hahaha
lol, I did the same thing. It looks like he just made up that 2nd VIN#.

The pictures appear to be a real EVO, but given the seller's feedback and the "fake" VIN it looks like a scam.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Judging from the pictures that is an EVO VI TME RS (black mirrors, black door handles and no airbag in the steering wheel) fully converted for Grp.N rallying. Can’t tell about the VINs but looking at the second one it looks correct as it has the CP9A model code for the VI within. Maybe they did some “workaround” to get it registered using that first VIN? Lots of speculations here, why not call they guy and get some fact instead?
Old Mar 18, 2004, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by OnlineAlias
there is no such buggy as a TM Evo VI.
Of course there is! The Evo VI--TME is probably the best Evo ever made. A friend of mine has 2 of them. Amazing beasts...they leave a stock Evo VIII for dead.

The one in that pic looks exactly like an Evo VI--TME. Like EVOVII_SWE says, it's the RS version with black mirrors and doorhandles. Most importantly, it has sliding calipers (not the nice Brembos). The wheels are definitely aftermarket, and not the 17" OZ wheels. The RS models came with 15 inchers. And they were available in LHD.

It looks to me like a genuine Evo VI--TME RS. Of course it will have been registered as some other Mitsu model. A few Evo V's and VI's slipped past customs in the US and Canada and were registered, plated, and insured as "modified" Mitsu Mirages.

Emre

[EDIT] I'm not saying this auction is not a scam. It might be for all I know. But this car does look like a genuine TME.

Last edited by Kayaalp; Mar 18, 2004 at 07:40 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by imapunkclaimer
i thought the TME was red with decals
You could get them in red, white, or silver. I believe the Ralliart stripes were a factory option on red TME's only.

All TME's were only offered with cheesy-looking white multispoke OZ wheels. Doesn't look too bad on white and red, but really ugly on silver. (One of my buddy's Evo VI--TME's is silver with white wheels...yuck!)

Emre
Old Mar 18, 2004, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

It looks real to me. Yes, TME came in red, white, silver or a dark blue. The stripes were optional on the red cars.

Anyone in Florida want to check this car out? I would if I lived nearby...
Old Mar 18, 2004, 08:27 AM

Hi, i don't usually post but I saw this car on Sunday at the autocross in the parking lot of the dog track in south FL. Car SEEMED real. Granted I have an Evo 8 but I don't claim to be an expert on Evo 6's. Car ran well in the autocross compared to most of the USDM Evo 8's that were there. Part of it is the driver looked like he knew what he was doing. One of the other Evo owners told me the Evo 6 was for sale but that the owner wanted $28K. Too high for my blood but the car was interesting. If someone really had interest in the car, they should post in the Miami Lancers thread since there were a few regular posters to that thread at the autocross. That's all folks.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

It probobly is a scam but i do not doubt that it is a real evo6 tme. The fact that it is registered in florida is a hint, because it doesnt have to pass any emissions tests there. if any1 remembers jigga from these forums, he has a rel deal right hand drive jdm evo 5 in ny, but registered in florida. But give me a break, never tuned or raced....ugh....didnt this guy just say he saw it at an autocross