Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Exploring options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exploring options

Whats up guys? Here's a little background on me. I've been into modding cars since I was 16 years old. Bought my first car which was an 05 Saturn Ion Redline. Was completely stock when I got it. Once I started modding I was addicted. Ended up with a ported supercharger, 50 shot of nitrous, e85, and other supporting mods. Started racking up the miles on it and found a good deal on an 06 redline that was completely vandalized. Got a killer deal on it and brought it home. Redid the whole car, seats were cut, panels keyed, wiring sliced, sunroof busted. Basically destroyed it. Car was also virtually stock. Well how it sits now, Fully turbo swapped with a Borg Warner s256et on e85. Currently at 21psi around 400whp, stock long block. Planning on going up to 25psi in the spring time but winter sucks and so does FWD. If you're not familiar with the LSJ motor, they can actually take quite a beating. A lot of lsj-t's running around with mid 400whp on stock long block. Here's the 05 I had

And the current ride

So there's a little background on me and what i've done. Now for my question. I've always been a big fan of the Evo's and would love to own one. I've been looking around on what the motors are capable of specifically in an IIX but find a lot of mixed answers. What i'm possibly wanting to do is buy a blown up 8 and build it. Have you guys seen any blown up evo's for sale lately and if so what should I expect to pay? I understand the risks that come with it, possible bad drivetrain, other problems but I'm really just exploring at this point. I would be happy with 5-600whp with a reliable set up. Let me know what you guys think and any information would be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nobody? Did I post in the wrong section?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
IF you build a motor you can make as much power as you would like. 800 900 and even 1000
Old Feb 18, 2015, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
What's your question again? If it's about how much should you expect to pay, then it's your own answer.