Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why people rebuild then sell???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2015, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
There are some people on here that are somewhat "used" to blowing motors and repairing them, its just part of the game. These people usually have the cash or the know-how to repair it and keep going( I envy these people)
But, when my first Evo's motor blew, it was a very stressful and somewhat expensive time. I got it rebuilt but was always paranoid about something else happening to it. I would have kept it but the wife needed a daily so we had to get rid of it. I think a big number of people just know that **** goes wrong with these cars, and after a rebuild the reality sets in on quick stuff adds up.
Ohh, and of course some just sell broken *** cars(like how I bought my first Evo)
Old Mar 7, 2015, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
forgot the most obvious reason--- blew the motor and don't have the cash for a good rebuild so the motor gets nickel and dimed back together with the cheapest parts in hopes of limiting additional cash outlay. There are many examples of built motors going south in short order on this forum put together buy reputable builders and home mechanics-- I for one would never buy a car with a new motor rebuild---too many unknowns. GL
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
^ ya but these people wouldn't even advertise in the FS section with a rebuilt engine tag if it was a shoddy job.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:32 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
After I built my EVO 8 I lost interest and only drove her 500-600 miles a year.
You start to upgrade and everything feels so strong with all that power, only to realize that now I'm stuck in an never ending upgrade game.
When you upgrade (fill in the blank) then (Fill in the blank) breaks! Then you upgrade what broke and then (fill in the blank) breaks down because you upgraded! Lol
A 550+whp EVO is a ticking bomb ready to explode!
I always needed to do an upgrade and got tired of the hassle!

Last edited by MR. EVO MR; Mar 8, 2015 at 12:36 AM.