Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Good news and need help with the Bad news

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good news and need help with the Bad news

So I finally realized my idle air control valve was dead completely, my blood pressure went up when I found out they cost 400.00 from the dealership, luckily found out from evom they could be found on ebay or amazon for 22.95 shipping included, wow was I happy as hell. It came in today I plugged it in put all the upper inter cooler pipes back on and started her up. So now the BAD:::::::::

the bad is the car dies unless my foots on the gas, it will not idle on its on, if my foots on the gas its fine but soon as I take my foot off the gas it dies, I don't want to mess with the idle screw I've heard to many bad stories I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the problem may be now?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
unplug your maf sensor and see if it idles. may be a bad maf. or a bad iac valve. there could be other problems affecting the idle system also. more info is needed. good luck.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:51 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for responding, Yeah I think your right i should of added details, only reason i didn't bother giving great details was b/c the engines fully built, i went with an aem version 1 got rid of the maf and it had a half *** tune but was running fine until at idle one day it just started reving up and down on its own whenever my foot wasn't on the gas so after reading threads here I decided to check the IACV and discovered it was shot to **** so when I ordered a new one I checked it before bolting it in by plugging it in with the wiring harness clip, had my son turn the key on without starting the car and was happy to see the new one worked. Then I bolted it up and decided to take it around the block to see if the tune thats on it could recognize the new IACV and just adjust itself but it never did and thats why I put this thread up, so as far as MAF there wasn't one prior to the 1st IACV taking a crap. thanks again for the imput, hopefully others can chime in as well
Old Mar 27, 2015, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just adjust your idle screw. I actually have 70mm throttle body on my built engine that reqs a screw adjustment about once a week. I have not had any issues with it besides that. I don't even thin I have a IACV on my throttle body. Adjusting the screw or adjust the throttle cable will open the butter fly slightly fixing your issue.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Do not adjust the idle screw unless you have the actuator for it on!!! This can be done in via evoscan.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

I've read ppl saying not to mess with the idle screw unless; then u have others that are like just adjust it a couple turns & you'll be fine. I don't want to mess with it anymore I just want to know what's the next step now that I have a working iacv
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
News?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm problem could be that 20$ IAC get a used oem one maybe.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 01:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 04whiteRS
Hmm problem could be that 20$ IAC get a used oem one maybe.
I pmed you like 3 days ago