Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Owners of Wisconsin!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2015, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Owners of Wisconsin!

Hello there! My names Demarc. I'm looking at purchasing a 2005 Evo 8 MR and the dealership (of course) is listing the price pretty high saying that it had modifications and they don't have a list of specifics for it. I'm a BMW guy by trade but I'm wanting to cross over into the boost life and join you guys. I was wondering if anyone in the state of Wisconsin in the Chippewa Falls(?) area was available to meet me at the dealership to kind of help me out. I was planning on taking it to the Mitsubishi dealership in the area and have them check it out as well before I even bought the car. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I'm looking forward to joining this family! Thank you.

P.s. I did some vin digging and found the car was built at Mynes Performance out of Arizona, and the motor actually has just 19k miles and the body 37k but the dealership doesn't know that. I want to keep that a secret from them and just go in with a mentality that the vehicle is stock because they don't have a list. From what I can "see" it just has coils, exhaust, intake, and boost/afr gauge. I realize it's a dealership and they're going to ask for more but its about $8k over clean retail according To NADA with 37k miles.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dshorter
Hello there! My names Demarc. I'm looking at purchasing a 2005 Evo 8 MR and the dealership (of course) is listing the price pretty high saying that it had modifications and they don't have a list of specifics for it. I'm a BMW guy by trade but I'm wanting to cross over into the boost life and join you guys. I was wondering if anyone in the state of Wisconsin in the Chippewa Falls(?) area was available to meet me at the dealership to kind of help me out. I was planning on taking it to the Mitsubishi dealership in the area and have them check it out as well before I even bought the car. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I'm looking forward to joining this family! Thank you.

P.s. I did some vin digging and found the car was built at Mynes Performance out of Arizona, and the motor actually has just 19k miles and the body 37k but the dealership doesn't know that. I want to keep that a secret from them and just go in with a mentality that the vehicle is stock because they don't have a list. From what I can "see" it just has coils, exhaust, intake, and boost/afr gauge. I realize it's a dealership and they're going to ask for more but its about $8k over clean retail according To NADA with 37k miles.
Finally! Another (potential) evo owner in the Chippewa area! I would maybe not buy an evo from a dealership. They always overprice them around this area. And Idk about getting an MR, they have the 6 speed and those have been known to fail and aren't reliable. An 8 or 9 with a 5 speed is way better. I got mine with some light mods and 98,000 miles making around 380whp on corn for 15k (that was after I had talked the guy down 2k lol). See what you can find around the area from private sellers. My buddy just picked up an 05 evo 8 fully built making 600whp with 47,000 miles for 25k. Don't be afraid of going out of your way to find one that's not hacked up. I went to Mn for mine and my buddy went all the way to NJ for his. Another thing is that you never really get your money back for the mods you put into it yet the dealerships will always overprice the car because it has some mods. And 8k over the NADA price is WAY to high. If your going to get one from anywhere in the Midwest be careful and make sure its not hacked up and has no rust. Only reason I got mine from Mn is because it hadn't even been there six months. The guy had it in AZ its whole life.

Last edited by timmeqn; Apr 3, 2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by timmeqn
Finally! Another (potential) evo owner in the Chippewa area! I would maybe not buy an evo from a dealership. They always overprice them around this area. And Idk about getting an MR, they have the 6 speed and those have been known to fail and aren't reliable. An 8 or 9 with a 5 speed is way better. I got mine with some light mods and 98,000 miles making around 380whp on corn for 15k (that was after I had talked the guy down 2k lol). See what you can find around the area from private sellers. My buddy just picked up an 05 evo 8 fully built making 600whp with 47,000 miles for 25k. Don't be afraid of going out of your way to find one that's not hacked up. I went to Mn for mine and my buddy went all the way to NJ for his. Another thing is that you never really get your money back for the mods you put into it yet the dealerships will always overprice the car because it has some mods. And 8k over the NADA price is WAY to high. If your going to get one from anywhere in the Midwest be careful and make sure its not hacked up and has no rust. Only reason I got mine from Mn is because it hadn't even been there six months. The guy had it in AZ its whole life.
I guess I forgot to mention that I'm living in Little Rock and I'm traveling to Minnesota for this car. According to the 2.4 stroker it's got fully forged internals coils and supporting mods. Carfax tells me that it's been in Arizona until Wisconsin. I've been looking for viii and ix under 50,000 miles and this is the best one I've seen yet for the price and I still think I can talk him down about three grand. And also I read the same thing about the MR transmissions but the first thing I'm going to be saving up for is a built transmission so until then I'll take it easy. Like I said I don't know what to look for good or bad in the car and that's why wanted someone to come with me in that area living there or available.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 07:20 AM

Im also coming in on the 15th of April. I guess that would help too lol.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Most of us hang out on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WisconsinEvoOwners/

I would first see if it already has a 5 speed trans swapped in too. It should since a shop built the car but who knows.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Piro Fyre
Most of us hang out on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WisconsinEvoOwners/

I would first see if it already has a 5 speed trans swapped in too. It should since a shop built the car but who knows.
U shouldnt be on here. U supposed to be building my AR.