Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Trying to get another evo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2015, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Trying to get another evo

So some of you probably saw my last thread where I explained that my last 9 MR got totaled. Getting closer to having the insurance company pay me out and I came across another 9 MR for sale. Guy is asking 29k, which is steep, let me know whats the max you guys would pay for it. Its a

06 GG IX MR SE
52k miles, all stock
one owner, all service records
oem door plates, oem factory ground kit, oem rear strut bar, oem window visor, oem window vents
original clutch
new timing belt
new battery
new brake pads
Tires need to be replaced soon
exterior and interior in excellent condition
aftermarket radio
all original paperwork

let me know whats the highest you guys would go! I am deciding between this or a new 2015 mustang GT (*awaits backlash*)
Old Apr 3, 2015, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Go for the Mustang (Ecoboost or GT) that's just to much if they won't budge. Ford's really starting to get things right with there lineup and you'll have a warranty.

I'd say in the ballpark of 26k, but I don't know, it would have to be a long term commitment on your part. I found an 06 pretty much all stock and now I have to take care of the timing belt area (again) because of the badly machined bracket that came on some of the 06's.

Last edited by Boost Demon; Apr 3, 2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
23-26k, i would get an evo over a mustang anyday. mustangs are everywhere!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bhsj13
23-26k, i would get an evo over a mustang anyday. mustangs are everywhere!
New ones are pretty sweet though

Old Apr 3, 2015, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats a bit steep, i got mine earlier this year for 26k with 12,500 miles on it.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 03:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Its hard to say no to a stang, from a 9 year old 2 litre turbo car. Can you compare the bling and value for money of the stang to an old evo?
In Australia we pay even more for a one owner evo 9, in the 30 grands. One of my mates said to me, you can buy alot of car for what you bought the evo for. Like a nice v8 ford or holden? family cruiser, a nice SUV and the list goes on. But you know what when you get behind the wheel of a built evo and pull out of a corner on fulll boast in total control connected to the ground like glue.........welll.....addiction is unreversable
Old Apr 4, 2015, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jonno99
Its hard to say no to a stang, from a 9 year old 2 litre turbo car. Can you compare the bling and value for money of the stang to an old evo?
In Australia we pay even more for a one owner evo 9, in the 30 grands. One of my mates said to me, you can buy alot of car for what you bought the evo for. Like a nice v8 ford or holden? family cruiser, a nice SUV and the list goes on. But you know what when you get behind the wheel of a built evo and pull out of a corner on fulll boast in total control connected to the ground like glue.........welll.....addiction is unreversable
Are mustangs common over in Australia?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 08:26 PM

The max I would pay would probably be $24k. The new mustang gt is niceee
Old Apr 5, 2015, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Ive driven the new gt and the ecoboost and ford has certainly stepped up their game. The 2.3 is such a torquey direct injection motor they make power ridiculously easy and the gearbox in the gt feels great! HOWEVER I don't regret buying my evo for one second. I drive around town and see more mustangs then I believed possible for how new it is never mind I do valet work as one of my side jobs and I've already had quite a few rental 15 mustangs.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 08:18 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
i would be willing to pay $25k. $26k if it were white
Old Apr 5, 2015, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
i would be willing to pay $25k. $26k if it were white
26k seems to be everyones max. GG is my favorite color though just like you I would pay a little extra than i would for any other color
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:29 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pistons4550
So some of you probably saw my last thread where I explained that my last 9 MR got totaled. Getting closer to having the insurance company pay me out and I came across another 9 MR for sale. Guy is asking 29k, which is steep, let me know whats the max you guys would pay for it. Its a

06 GG IX MR SE
52k miles, all stock
one owner, all service records
oem door plates, oem factory ground kit, oem rear strut bar, oem window visor, oem window vents
original clutch
new timing belt
new battery
new brake pads
Tires need to be replaced soon
aftermarket radio
all original paperwork

let me know whats the highest you guys would go! I am deciding between this or a new 2015 mustang GT (*awaits backlash*)
Hey buddy, here is a curve ball for you. I am selling my Apex Silver IX MR (not in a rush to sell but for $29,000 I will give you my keys and title - also it is my bottom line price, will wait for the right buyer as long as it takes. (saving money for a tesla x)

I have a

06 Apex Silver IX MR (this car was sold new to me March 2007 with 35 miles on it)
so this car is technically an 2007 (usage wize) at the time of purchase March 2007 - according to the dealer there was 5 Evos left in the whole country

56.XXX miles, all stock vehicle
First owner, all service records
ALL OEM Mitsubishi Upgrades - oem front bumper canards, oem door plates, oem factory ground kit, oem brake air guides, oem rear strut bar, OEM Front Strut Bar upgrade, OEM Car Cover, OEM Front Window Sun Cover. OEM Aluminum shift knob and yes I have the 6 speed original leather one too for those hot/cold days)

OEM clutch replaced by Mitsubishi dealer at 18k
Optima Yellow top battery
new Akebono ceramic brake pads
New DBA XS 4000 series rotors crossdrilled and slotted, gold color
New Bridgestone tires with lifetime rotation, balance and alignment (just use my name at Firestone)
100k mile original owner Factory Powertrain warranty
100k mile original owner Factory Catalytic Converter Warranty (bumped up from 80k due to a Mitsubishi ECU recall)

This car has a $680 in Clifford Security Alarm install by Frys Elecronic security professional comes with 2 keyfobs, 1 is a pager that will let you know if the car warned someone off or alarm went off. Lifetime transferable warranty on Alarm components, all receipts on hand.

*Has Perimeter sensor (made for convertibles) if someone looks in to your window Alarm warns off the opportunist.
*Automatic Window roll up, if front windows left open after doors locked.
*Alarm back up battery
*Replaced both keyfobs 1 month ago ($120)

*Comes with both OEM keyfobs (still operate door locks but dont arm/disarm clifford alarm)

*JDM Door / Ignition key - Blue handle color with 2 buttons on it - Key from JapanParts.com and 1 original black color Key. Also 1 more OEM original key but key ring is torn due to pocket tear due to too many keys on the keychain

converted back to stock radio, speakers a month ago.
(orbital kit up on ebay right now)

Spent over 1k at the dealer in replacing OEM interior items post after market install- I replaced
NEW Interior carpet
NEW floor mats
NEW rear trunk panel trim (behind the rear seat) and
NEW rear speaker trim panel
NEW AC Trim Panel along with NEW Heater/AC stickers

All of the above had to be replaced due to audio installer cut holes in places for high end audio install, (tweeters, cables, etc) Since when I removed the aftermarket audio I realized the extent of the damage was done by the install
( purely visual damage ) I had to spend all that money to bring it to a showroom look, as I am a pain in the butt perfectionist. Now due to new items car has a new car smell again.

all original paperwork

This car was never abused, never raced, no accidents, engine is UNTOUCHED since factory, always garage kept up until last April when I moved to Orange County (now kept in the covered parking spot away from tree crap) It was driven to work 5 miles one way from my house for the past 8 years

AFRTERMARKET SUMMARY:
-Clliford Alarm
-Carbon Fiber Lower Molding Side Spats
-Carbon Fiber Rear Bumper numberplate area trim (not number plate frame)
-Ralliart Radiator cover (matches plug cover and OEM front strut bar color)
-LIMO window tint 2 rear side windows and rear window only
-UKDM Trunk Badges (Evolution IX MR) silver color.
-High Desibel, Very Loud JDM Horn (stock oh hand)
-EVO aluminum battery tiedown
-Front Hood Dampeners, avoids pain in the **** stock hood stick

I will be making a LOT of pictures of this car as I am prepping to sell

This post today was in response to your looking for the same vehicle you lost the other, day I felt as if it was the moment for you to get in the seat of the same car. Sorry for late PM reply

This car is in Orange County. Never seen snow. No rust, no crap, no BS. all OEM clean, unabused car, I would never sell this car to anyone as it was intended to be kept for life however I got kids to drive and LA freeways burnup lots of gas money
Attached Thumbnails Trying to get another evo-dsc00551.jpg   Trying to get another evo-dsc00552.jpg   Trying to get another evo-dsc00563.jpg   Trying to get another evo-dsc00559.jpg   Trying to get another evo-dsc00556.jpg  

Last edited by futureal; Apr 5, 2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^^ Thanks for the info, but I could probably get the other one for less than 29 plus its in my favorite color and only 3 hours away. You are on the other side of the country lol.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by pistons4550
^^^^^ Thanks for the info, but I could probably get the other one for less than 29 plus its in my favorite color and only 3 hours away. You are on the other side of the country lol.
Np bro, have fun shopping for your next car
Old Apr 5, 2015, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Only thing that worries me about buying american cars is they have almost no resale value; well unless you buy a Z06/ZR1,or GT500 sorta thing.

Quick Reply: Trying to get another evo