Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Redline S1 Fuel injector/system cleaner

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redline S1 Fuel injector/system cleaner

Hi guys,

Thinking about putting some fuel injector cleaner in my tank to clean injectors etc. I have decided to go with Redline S1.

I was just wondering if anyone has used this product or similar products and if there is any benefit? my car still runs fine, but I just wanted to do it as a service/maintainance.

Also I have read that you should use it towards the end of the oil cycle. I have just changed my oil about 500miles ago, should i avoid putting this in?

Any help or input on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance !
Old Apr 16, 2015, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
seafoam your car.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bhsj13
seafoam your car.
ive heard seafoam i will need to change the oil straight away or soon after. i dont really want to change my oil as i have just done it recently.. is that the same as other fuel system injector cleanrs such as redline s1 ??
Old Apr 17, 2015, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elim0
ive heard seafoam i will need to change the oil straight away or soon after. i dont really want to change my oil as i have just done it recently.. is that the same as other fuel system injector cleanrs such as redline s1 ??
The only way you would have to change your oil soon after you put it in, is if you put it in your oil.

Seafoam can be used in three ways: Gas Tank, Oil, OR Vacuum Line.

I would just put it in your Gas Tank and suck it in through the Brake Booster Vaccumm Line.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if youre serious about injector cleaning, you might need to go to a shop they have systems that do a rpetty good job even on car. your best bet for DIY is seafoam in your gas tank. If you put it in your vacuum line, youre going to eb cleaning the intake, and intake valves, not the injectors. Adn you'll need to change the oil ASAP at that point too as itll wash down the cylinders.

Just int he fuel tank will target your injectors.