Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Problem with aftermarket cruise!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2004, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im serious tho I mean if you want a luxury AWD sports car get the S4 the evo is made for rally racing and track events neither of which uses cruise control same goes for autocross and agressive road driving through corners which is totally what the Evo is for its not made for cruising the freeway in a straight line at 70 mph... if you want that get a MB or BMW
ITS A RACE CAR!!!!
and don't give me crap about daily driving and putting lots of miles on Because my Evo is my daily driver and I have a 100 mile per day commute to work so I don't wanna hear your whining
Old Sep 5, 2004, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to each his own, you might feel a little different if you had the use of a speed control.
Old Sep 5, 2004, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nothere
to each his own, you might feel a little different if you had the use of a speed control.
This is the first car I have ever owned without cruise control... so no I wouldn't feel different
Old Sep 5, 2004, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Does MMNA have an excuse as to why they still don't offer cruise as an option?
Old Sep 5, 2004, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

I'm still in the process of reading all the forums so I'm a bit behind

Trying to decide if I want to do the braided cluth line today, after spending yesterday in wiring hell I feel like being lazy.
Old Sep 5, 2004, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sentinal
Im serious tho I mean if you want a luxury AWD sports car get the S4 the evo is made for rally racing and track events neither of which uses cruise control same goes for autocross and agressive road driving through corners which is totally what the Evo is for its not made for cruising the freeway in a straight line at 70 mph... if you want that get a MB or BMW
ITS A RACE CAR!!!!
and don't give me crap about daily driving and putting lots of miles on Because my Evo is my daily driver and I have a 100 mile per day commute to work so I don't wanna hear your whining
But if you complain about grinding gears at high rpm shifts or clunking when downshifting, Mitsu says you are abusing the car...wtf????
Old Sep 5, 2004, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
with my previous truck I had. It was a Chevy 2500hd turbo diesel. and it couldn't hold a constant speed with CC. the truck was sittin at 25.5psi and it make full spool a little bit off of idle. so the CC would add a little fuel to accelerate and then the boost would roll in and the truck would accelerate about 3-5mph faster then it would slow down and finally hold a constant speed. I'm pretty sure the CC doesn't factor in both engine power and boost. the poor thing gets confussed.

-Chad-
Old Sep 5, 2004, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sentinal
Don't put luxury stuff on rally cars ... problem solved!
You go ahead and ripe the AC, heater, radio, sound deadening material, ABS, floor mats, and carpeting out of your car and then get back to me.

Otherwise shut the f!@# up!

Keith