Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I just bought my first evo8 and I love it!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought my first evo8 and I love it!!!

Hello guys. I just got my evo a few weeks ago and wanted to see if anyone was in my area. I wanna go hit a few canyons and meet a few people in my area! Im from lancaster california! I love the platform and it helps that the car is BONE STOCK. Has 91k miles on it. And not a bolt turned on her. 2003 Evolution 8 GSR! Also any input on what mods to do first would be great! Just ordered intercooler piping, 3 in intercooler and a tial bov today! I was looking into an O2 eliminator dump, but there extremely expensive. Anyone here know where I can get one thats not 300+ dollars 😂
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Intake, TBE w/ test pipe, MBC or EBCS, fuel pump, and tune. Plus you will already have the IC and piping. If thats not enough could always do cams, ported IM, EM, and TB, o2 housing, etc... That should more than likely keep you happy for a year or two.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by roach85
Intake, TBE w/ test pipe, MBC or EBCS, fuel pump, and tune. Plus you will already have the IC and piping. If thats not enough could always do cams, ported IM, EM, and TB, o2 housing, etc... That should more than likely keep you happy for a year or two.
Yea man, I wanna do full bolt ons. And after that. Im gunna get arp's, 272's, injectors/fuel pump and tune on speed density and see where that gets me!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

i just bought a used dump on ebay. 150 bucks and i love it. wife not so much. buy a muse one on the cheap. great value. learn how to log your car and eventually tune it. if you think its fun now!!!!!!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 08:10 AM

Dang 150$?! I've been looking all over. Have you guys checked out XSPower?! I have a few buddies running their products. And making GREAT numbers. Intercoolers, piping, Bov's, ect. They have an O2 dump in trying to get my hands on.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 08:17 AM

I'm trying to post a picture of the intercooler I just got from them but it posts a random picture from this site lol. I might have to wait until I have a few more posts. But the quality is comparable to my ets. It's a full aluminum 3.5 in core. Covers the entire inlet on the bumper.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 10:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Instead of hitting the canyons, hit up Willow Springs since it's in your area. The track is A LOT safer than the canyons. I'll be up there a few times this summer.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by jr-mack
Instead of hitting the canyons, hit up Willow Springs since it's in your area. The track is A LOT safer than the canyons. I'll be up there a few times this summer.
I go there a lot man. I love the place. It's literally 10 min away 😂
They have a lot of events their. Like race wars was filmed their for furious 7 the movie. And they test a lot of products out their. I hear next month their testing a new honda out their that's supposedly going to be a new "super car" comparable to the nsx. It's a nice luxury to have the raceway in my backyard. Good for testing. Now we just need an evo tuner that's closer lol. I'm thinking about yimi sport tuning in Santa Clarita. Gunna call them tomorrow.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 05:43 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Congrats on your Evo. If you want 272 cams then you can have my buddyclub 272 cams for cheap. Let me know.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by G20
Congrats on your Evo. If you want 272 cams then you can have my buddyclub 272 cams for cheap. Let me know.
How much man. Shoot me a text. 661-537-3236
Old Apr 27, 2015, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Tylor_cavallo
How much man. Shoot me a text. 661-537-3236
Have HKS 272s ready to ship, if interested.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

A few things...

1. XSPower is NOT comparable to ETS quality. Not even close.
2. Don't jump on the first set of cams people try and pawn off on you. There's way better available for your 8 (like Buschur 272s or GSC S2s).
3. Cancel the order on the 3 inch intercooler and go at least 3.5 inches. You might as well stay stock if you don't.
4. Did you order the XSPower kit? Please say no. It's cheap for a reason...
Old Apr 27, 2015, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc

A few things...

2. Don't jump on the first set of cams people try and pawn off on you. There's way better available for your 8 (like Buschur 272s or GSC S2s).
3. Cancel the order on the 3 inch intercooler and go at least 3.5 inches. You might as well stay stock if you don't.
I prefer kelford cams. But I hear buddyclub is comparable.
The XSPower intercooler kit I already ordered and it just came on saturday. And it's a 3.5 in core. I know 3 people that run this setup. And there's no heat sink at 421+ hp. Which is about where I'm shooting for. The shipping was quality packed and the product is well made. Doesn't feel or look cheap. I'm gunna install it and take it to willow and see how it compares to stock.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:58 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc

A few things...

Why not? I'm not trying to pawn on him. I'm in this evo game since 2003 long enough to know between facts and bull****. I offered him the cams for really good price because I have them laying around after installed the whole HKS GT-II turbo kit. He's local. The cams make good power, minimal lag, idle great, no throwing code, great drivability and perfect match for stock turbo. Off course there could be better options but you may also need upgraded turbo, giving up spool, power band moves further to the right, could be expensive and not easy to find.

Please don't make arrogant statement like that.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 09:16 AM

Hows it holding up at 90k+ miles? you worried about it crossing over in the 100,000

Quick Reply: I just bought my first evo8 and I love it!!!