Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Emmisions recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Emmisions recommendations

Hopefully this is in the right section, sorry if it isn't

My family and I will be moving to San Diego in august and I know my EVO 9 would never pass emissions without trying to return alot of it to stock, i have a AEM V1 standalone, fully built motor, after market intake manifold with the egr blocked off, RSR full exhaust and there's no area for a test pipe let alone a place to put a catalytic converter on, So I was basically wondering if any shops in San Diego or anyone that Knows another way other then returning to stock to pass my car? The only good I can say is my registration will be re-done this June so I'll have about ten months to find a place that can pass my evo, also it is not a daily driver at all, mostly a garage queen. any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks ahead of time for your advice.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im from cali and now located here in florida. Youll be in san diego you shouldnt have a problem finding a smog place where they can pass it crocked Lol but you might have to pay couple bills extra! Ask around the evo community when you get their since you have 10months someone will hook you up. By the way your going to have to get the smog done every 2 yrs FYI
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for the response, so is the smog thing done every 2 years something different from passing emmisions or am I missing something here? Yeah as far as paying extra, I figured that much, and sure I won't mind but at the same time I'm not rich and for as little as I drive the car, a bill or 2 may be the limit, anymore and it wouldn't be worth it, I'd look into another route if it were to cost me paying someone 4-5 bills each year.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm sorry to hear. I moved from san Diego and owning a evo and legit passing emmission/smog is a pain. Get into the evo crowd there and I'm sure you'll be set.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Also, get on socalevo.net then hook up wth some owners to help you out.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bhsj13
Also, get on socalevo.net then hook up wth some owners to help you out.
thanks for the tip, much appreciated, will look into that web site as well, One of my neighbors just came from san diego and he was saying good used parts can be always found in national city (do to the, lets say aquired parts).