Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sad Sad Day

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like everything is working out.
Old May 11, 2015, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Insurance only somewhat weighs in on the police action. Also, he clearly stated he had a green light, and she ran a red. So, not sure what you're asking there..

When its the other party's insurance, yes, it does. When you're dealing with your own insurance is when you need to have your aftermarket stuff declared on the policy.
i dont recall you being the one that got hit, but i'll explain since your asking. even if you have a green light to turn and the lady runs a red and hits you, a lot of insurance companies will screw you and say that you should only turn when it is clear and safe. I had that happen before. AND the police said i should have waited until all vehicles came to a complete stop before turning which he wrote that I was at fault. i was a young teen with sports car, she was an old white lady in Lincoln, see my point? it happens. straight traffic always has right of way over turning.

also just because someone hits you does NOT mean its automatically their fault. same scenario except the turning car has a yield light, the lady hits the car, its the turning cars fault even when the lady hit him. i've been in that wreck before too.

a lot of insurance companies will fix the car, but not use oem parts. again i had this happen before. also tell me how a car can be repaired to exactly how it was before the wreck. exactly is the key word. the car is now devalued because of the wreck and frame damage, it will NEVER be the same trust me i've been there.
im not saying it happens all the time but it has happened.
Old May 11, 2015, 03:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,562 Likes on 1,340 Posts
Originally Posted by sujinX
i dont recall you being the one that got hit, but i'll explain since your asking. even if you have a green light to turn and the lady runs a red and hits you, a lot of insurance companies will screw you and say that you should only turn when it is clear and safe. I had that happen before. AND the police said i should have waited until all vehicles came to a complete stop before turning which he wrote that I was at fault. i was a young teen with sports car, she was an old white lady in Lincoln, see my point? it happens. straight traffic always has right of way over turning.

also just because someone hits you does NOT mean its automatically their fault. same scenario except the turning car has a yield light, the lady hits the car, its the turning cars fault even when the lady hit him. i've been in that wreck before too.

a lot of insurance companies will fix the car, but not use oem parts. again i had this happen before. also tell me how a car can be repaired to exactly how it was before the wreck. exactly is the key word. the car is now devalued because of the wreck and frame damage, it will NEVER be the same trust me i've been there.
im not saying it happens all the time but it has happened.

In applying the OP's sitatuation, he was going STRAIGHT. The police put fault on the OTHER driver. The OTHER driver's insurance will be paying. When this is the case, they restore your car to "pre-accident" condition, including aftermarket parts. You are applying a COMPLETELY different situation (one where the OP would be at fault) to support your argument. You can't do that.

And guess what, what I said would happen, is happening. They are replacing his wing, and CF trunk, and fixing his aftermarket wheel because it is discontinued.

I've been in accidents with previous cars, a guy that's good on the frame puller can get it super close. And in all reality, he has to. Modern cars will run into panel fitment/panel gap issues if the frame is not with in spec. My gti for example went face first into a krail after someone changed lanes into me and spun me out on the freeway. It pushed both front frame horns to the right 3.5". With the car fully disassembled, they were pulled back to within 1/64". I'd call that not noticeable. The car aligned to stock no problem, with no crazy amount of adjustment needed, and drove the same as stock, and had excellent panel fitment after the repairs.

Yes, if you cause an accident (as in your scenario), and your insurance is paying the claim, you would need to have declared your aftermarkets on your policy, otherwise you're screwed. But, that is not the OP's case.
Old May 12, 2015, 08:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks letsgetitdone.. lol I was reading the post before and was gonna type basically all that you said except for past experience with frame damage. The cool thing is I just got a call that I can give the body shop my email and they will text and email everyday on what they have done and where they are at with the car. My rental car was a little over what my insurance covered and my insurance said no worries they're getting it from the other parties insurance. So that's awesome.

There truly is zero other ways to look at the situation that occurred for me. It was 100% her fault. My only mistake was not being superhuman to sense she would take my car out... lol that would I could not miss driving my car so much :'(