Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sad Sad Day

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 11:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sad Sad Day

Hey all,

Just had my Evo 9 MR rear corner panel t-boned by some lady as I went through and intersection and she ran the red light. Pretty sad since I only owned it for 9 months and worried I wont get covered for everything that was done too it. So first off please pray to the Mitsu gods for me that everything is restored properly and secondly anyone know how this goes down? Will I get all factory replaced parts or will they replace anything that's on the car? I have 2 part rear rotors. My CF Trunk got damaged as well as my APR wing got yanked out as well as my Works rim probably is trashed. Just wondering if anyone knows how this will go. Thanks in advance.

P.S.... buy yourself a trunk cage. I got hit by a Lincoln town car going 35 and visibly didn't look that way. Trunk is completely intact on inside and really didn't do the damage I expected.
Old May 5, 2015, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
So sorry to hear that, but at least you are unharmed.
Can you post some pictures?
Old May 6, 2015, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Sorry to hear about this! I DO have a WORKS 4-point trunk cage, lol. You must have ALL receipts for your aftermarket parts. If they were on the car at the time of impact, the insurance has to cover it!

It's ALWAYS a good idea to take photos of these aftermarket parts BEFORE you put them on the car, AND once installed, for this reason, and in case of theft. DEMAND that you get OEM FACTORY parts to replace your current OEM parts! They can go to a second party supplier (Junk yards, shops that supply used parts), but you tell them "No way"! I would (and have done it...) also supply photos of the car before the accident, so they can see how beautiful the car was before.

Best of luck, I hope you get this ALL resolved asap, and that you are totally SATISFIED with the end result! All this is for nothing if you DON'T go to a reputable shop! Photos?!

Last edited by NJ9MR; May 6, 2015 at 05:20 AM.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:21 PM

Well, all I have is the name on the bill of sale from the original owner. The person that sold it to me had it for a few weeks and had to sell it cause his car he already owned didnt sell. Unfortunately I dont have receipts but I am going to try to contact the original owner to get them if he ordered them online. I attached the images of the before and after below

Good bye APR-200

and another of the wing.

when I first bought it.

side view
Old May 6, 2015, 12:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,570 Likes on 1,347 Posts
She hit you, its her fault. Her insurance company has to restore your car to its pre-accident condition. You just have to hope there is enough money in the policy. You don't need receipts for the wing or trunk, just provide replacement cost estimates..
Old May 6, 2015, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea it's her fault. Her insurance should cover everything.

I hope you get this resolved accordingly.

good luck!
Old May 6, 2015, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
were u going straight? if your turning then its really iffy. it all depends on what the cop wrote on the incident report. also who got the ticket.

its not true about the insurance covering everything and repairing everything back to what it was before accident. trust me it does not work like that and will never.
Old May 6, 2015, 03:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by sujinX
were u going straight? if your turning then its really iffy. it all depends on what the cop wrote on the incident report. also who got the ticket.

its not true about the insurance covering everything and repairing everything back to what it was before accident. trust me it does not work like that and will never.

Insurance only somewhat weighs in on the police action. Also, he clearly stated he had a green light, and she ran a red. So, not sure what you're asking there..

When its the other party's insurance, yes, it does. When you're dealing with your own insurance is when you need to have your aftermarket stuff declared on the policy.
Old May 6, 2015, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
sucks that it happened but good thing you are ok. Looking at the wing, it looks more like a 300 than a 200. I have a 300 and it looks just like that. The 200 was a bit smaller and didn't get that high off the trunk without risers.
Old May 7, 2015, 05:20 AM

I was going straight. My insurance company and both investigating officers said it was her fault. believe me, if I made a mistake I would be pissed and admit it because I would have hurt my car lol. But instead it was some spaced out 40 yr. Old lady. I'll have to check up on the 200 or 300. My insurance is going after hers so let's hope I can get it all back.
Old May 7, 2015, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Ouch, unfortunately your evo is toast. A hit like that bends the frame and I can see by the folded body panel the unibody is damaged. It also looks like the control arms and the mounting points will be damaged as well.

*edit*
I suppose I shouldn't say "toast", as anything is fixable with enough money and time. This is the type of fix that requires plenty of both along with a meticulous nature. Glad you're okay.

Last edited by Tuxevo; May 7, 2015 at 08:15 AM.
Old May 7, 2015, 03:35 PM

Ya, it's more to total then fix. Insurance is fixing it through a good local body shop that I picked. The frame damage actually wasn't horrid so that's good. The nice thing is I had a great adjuster that allowed me to go on the web find the parts show him the part number and get them ordered. No questions asked he is replacing everything as is which is all I wanted. Its probably gonna be about 10K fix, paid by the other parties insurance.
Old May 7, 2015, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

i'd surprised if the insurance covers your aftermarket parts (especially if she has state Farm.......They are the worst. Good news is the OEM wheels are probably worth more then your aftermarket wheels so if they do end up playing that game they will end up screwing themselves.
Old May 8, 2015, 03:58 AM

She has all state. But still, my adjuster is doing exactly what I want so that's fine. If it didn't go this way I'd be pissed. It's her fault. The car should be restored as it was. Only thing is I have work termist tm1s and there discontinued. They are going to send the rim out to keystone who refurbs wheels if possible.
Old May 8, 2015, 11:36 PM
EvoM Guru

I looks like its a 2 piece wheel. You should still be able to get the barrel from Work..

Quick Reply: Sad Sad Day