Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

radiator fan runs engine off ignition on?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
radiator fan runs engine off ignition on?

My car has entered limp mode :/ the plugs are black and sooty, there is black smoke from the exhaust (not much but visible) the radiator fan runs as soon as I turn on the ignition (before I start it) I have a weird vibration from the front wheel/s and then the ABS light comes on, then goes off? The Evoscan software seems to be giving me a code (P1603) no idea as cannot find anything about it. To top it all off the AYC lights are now all on...lol

Its an evo 8 fq320 2005 model. No idea as to how to post this or where as there are so many topics and forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have evoscan and ecuflash but no real idea as to how to use them properly [yet].
Old May 12, 2015, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Check the connection of the ABS/AYC modules and ensure they are OK. The P-code you listed refers to TCM or module communication errors based on a quick Google search.
Old May 12, 2015, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new data!

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated

I've managed to connect to the ECU using evoscan and my tactrix cable, I did a data log and some weird things are afoot! NO fuel trim AT ALL!! No low or high or stft, nothing logged, is this normal? The engine seems to be running very rich with little to no air entering, could this be a faulty wastegate or EGR valve? The AYC lights are flashing on and off at the same time the ABS light does the same! I've checked the fuses (OK) and the sensors, they [seem] ok to me :/