Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looking to buy evo

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy evo

I'm looking to buying an Evo ix but I want to weigh in buying and x as well, I just wanted some help weighing in pros and cons
Old May 26, 2015, 04:05 AM

all round personally I've liked the 8 and 9s much better. They're more of a raw car and much lighter plus I'm not huge fan on how the 10 body style looks anyways. I guess it all comes down to what your plans are with it. good luck!!!
Old May 26, 2015, 06:07 AM

Have you properly test driven all of the cars in question here? If not, go do that first before you concern yourself with how other people would spend your money and get back to us .
Old May 26, 2015, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evonoob22
I'm looking to buying an Evo ix but I want to weigh in buying and x as well, I just wanted some help weighing in pros and cons
What do you want out of the car?? That's what it is about. Tell us what your plans with the car are and we can help you make a decision.
Old May 26, 2015, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by antij0sh
Have you properly test driven all of the cars in question here? If not, go do that first before you concern yourself with how other people would spend your money and get back to us .
I wasn't asking how they would spend my money I was asking for opinions on pros and cons?
Old May 26, 2015, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wasn't asking how they would spend my money I was asking for opinions on pros and cons?
As so many others have said, it depends on what you want from the car. Everyday comfort I would say X but I drive a IX everyday and love it. For racing VIII or IX but people race X's too. It depends on what YOU want.
Old May 27, 2015, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
There are only about 20,000 posts on this forum about the Pros and Cons of certain models. No need for this thread.
Old May 27, 2015, 07:31 AM

I'm saying the pros and cons don't mean **** if you don't like they way they drive, so I'll ask again, have you test drove both cars in the manner you wish to drive them once you own it? The factual differences between both are well documented, which one feels right to you?
Old May 27, 2015, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Go test drive one at a dealer. Most private sellers may be reluctant to allow a test drive without cash in hand.
Old May 31, 2015, 11:27 PM
Rom
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a IX and love it - I think it's more practical than the X (especially when I have my three kids in the back) and I feel it's more mod-able (dollar for dollar, you'll get more out of the VIII/IX).

However, if you're looking for a more "modern" looking car, more comfort, much quieter interior, and plan on doing mild power upgrades but maintain a reliable daily driver - then the X is a great car. The X handles very well (especially as it has AYC in the US, whereas the VIII or IX didn't here), so it's a very capable Evo. Motortrend sums up the handling:

Perhaps the best way to put the X into context is to say that it feels akin to a lighter, cruder Audi S4, whereas the IX will always seem like the closest thing to a four-door Lotus Elise. That said, the fundamental Evo traits-turbo engine, sublime chassis, and all-wheel-drive grip-remain in the X and are more capable than ever.
Having driven my Lotus and IX around some of the same awesome tracks, I can attest that the IX gets close!

If you don't plan to mod or take it on track days, it comes down to looks/comfort really. If you do plan to mod, then I personally think the IX I think is a better platform, although you can still do plenty to the X.

Here's the Motortrend comparison in its entirety:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...on_comparison/

Thanks!

S.
Old May 31, 2015, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i test drove both and ended up with an X. If you want a DD buy and X. Want a toy, buy and IX.

oh yeah, 4b11 is an aluminum black and the 4g## is an iron block.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 04:34 AM

A few friends of mine have evo x's which I've driven. I recently jsut bought a 9. That pretty much sums it up...
Old Jun 3, 2015, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by BlackHawk_Tsi
i test drove both and ended up with an X. If you want a DD buy and X. Want a toy, buy and IX.

oh yeah, 4b11 is an aluminum black and the 4g## is an iron block.
You can daily either of them perfectly, I wouldn't let that sentence persuade you. I don't see how one would make a crappier daily than the other? I daily an 1998 Evo 5 and it drives perfectly, starts first pop, reliable and still awesomely fast and comfy.

Drive both, pick your favourite.

But if you want an opinion from a random on the internet the 9 looks infinitely better than a 10. 10 just looks weird to me, not like an evo should and the rear end is very unappealing. I have driven neither though so cant judge the handling, have been in a 7 though.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dave123456789
You can daily either of them perfectly, I wouldn't let that sentence persuade you. I don't see how one would make a crappier daily than the other? I daily an 1998 Evo 5 and it drives perfectly, starts first pop, reliable and still awesomely fast and comfy.

Drive both, pick your favourite.

But if you want an opinion from a random on the internet the 9 looks infinitely better than a 10. 10 just looks weird to me, not like an evo should and the rear end is very unappealing. I have driven neither though so cant judge the handling, have been in a 7 though.
I don't think he meant that you cannot daily the 9, just the x interior in more comfortable and more suited to be a DD instead of a 9.