Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stalling when idling

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2015, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stalling when idling

Please see below for my modifications. I have been having a hell of a time with the car stalling when it is idling, especially when coming to a light at rpm and letting off the throttle quickly. The fuel pressure reg is reading 45psi when idling and when I blip the throttle it stays constant but jumps to 50psi when I let off and the car stumbles and stalls. Any suggestions? Things to check? I noticed that my wideband jumps all over the place too when I blip the throttle. Any suggestions/opinions greatly appreciated. The car doesn't get driven much (maybe 100miles a year around town).

Thanks,

Justin
Old Jun 6, 2015, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Start by making sure your biss is properly adjusted. The tune need to be gone through, starting with insuring your injectors are properly scaled and trims dialed in. Then go through all the idle tables. You can also try increasing the idle timing slightly.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't tune the car to begin with, I had a vendor on the forum do it on their dyno but it's been awhile since it was tuned(8yrs). I am not really familiar with tuning or using the aem software do you have a recommendation? I recently purchased fic 2150ccs bc I want to get a retune and run e85. So do you think it's potentially a tune issue? Injectors?

Thank you,

Justin