Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Should I just throw my stock parts away?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2015, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should I just throw my stock parts away?

I am upgrading intake, intercooler, and all piping, and o2 housing on my ix. Would any one want my stock parts or should I just throw them away?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Also stock injectors.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Keep it bc one day you might go back to stock.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

I've had the car 8 years, and I will have it until it needs to go to the scrap yard. I will never put the stock parts back on and my wife is in full de litter mode. It is trash or give away or sell.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
I got a bathtub size box of stock parts too, which is crazy for an apartment. I'm never selling the car and never downgrading the setup, I'll register it out of state if I have to.

Right now I'm trying to just use the cams, springs, wing, and pipes as decorations on a shelf. Looks ridiculous but whatever. I can't bring myself to put any part of the Evo in the trash, not even the wood trunk board thing. It's all holy.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn I'll take any and all free parts
Old Jun 12, 2015, 06:52 PM

^^ lol make that 2 of us!
Old Jun 12, 2015, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
A lot of owners are learning that they didn't buy an Evo, they adopted it, and it is there's for life. For many of us these cars are too special to discard. So, those old stock parts will someday be treasure.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 09:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Name User
I got a bathtub size box of stock parts too, which is crazy for an apartment. I'm never selling the car and never downgrading the setup, I'll register it out of state if I have to.

Right now I'm trying to just use the cams, springs, wing, and pipes as decorations on a shelf. Looks ridiculous but whatever. I can't bring myself to put any part of the Evo in the trash, not even the wood trunk board thing. It's all holy.
I'll buy that wood trunk thingy!
Old Jun 13, 2015, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

My wife is on a tear. She is becoming a minimalist. If we don't use it every day it's gone. As far as wanting the parts back. I'll inly regret my upgrades if the engine blows up. If that happens I'll buy a built motor, and no point using stock parts then
Old Jun 13, 2015, 09:10 AM

I've always regreted ditching/selling stock parts on previous cars. Now I always keep all stock parts. OP: at the very least, sell them to recoup some money, or give them to another member. Throwing them away just seems like such a waste.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

I tried to post in for sale, but since the car is at iveytune I couldn't take pics, and since I didn't know if people want them I couldn't set a price.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 05:51 PM

seller can post whatever price he wants
Old Jun 14, 2015, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR ORIGINAL PARTS.....

I'm an old guy ok, I know the drill, its the same all around the world.......the wives start wanting to get rid of the clutter, we as men need to counter this by finding way to move stuff around......you need to be able to keep it out of site, maybe inside the rooof, there is a whole world up there if you build a nice platform, maybe a new garden shed, or one of those nice steel storage cupbards in the garage, but what ever you do keep the stuff. Situations change, when i was looking around for for an evo if I could get the original parts, i would have payed more, all this stuff will become rare and people will start to want to bring these cars back to original condition, old guys like original, then they can go out and do their mods with piece of mind, old guys will have the money to pay the big bucks in the future if you ever decide to sell, situations change in the future........

thats my 5 cents work
Old Jun 14, 2015, 07:44 AM

I agree with the every one in this thread, I had a 2011 Ralliart that I upgraded then that fateful day xame and tje wife decided we needed a family car so thankfully I had all of my stock parts and I was able to recoup some of the money spent.

Sometimes things happen and you may have to sale it, if it goes to a dealership they more than likely wont give you any extra for your aftermarket parts so goong stock is the best way to go.

Quick Reply: Should I just throw my stock parts away?