Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is speed density really worth it ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2015, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.tscomptuned.net/tuning.html

refer to the middle on the page under Speed Density

SPEED DENSITY TUNING:

Our speed density tuning delivers nothing but the best experience out of your stock ecu. You will not experience any kind of hesitation or jitter, or non smooth operation with our speed density tuning. Does your current speed density tune jitter or break up when trying to take off? This is something that we can and do correct everyday. Our techniques enable us to not only eliminate the jitter or hesitation and bogging on take off, but we also allow the ability for your cold car to take off with no issues in the morning. If you use your vehicle for work, or daily commute, then you will appreciate this type of tuning that will allow you to practically drive right off without having to wait for your vehicle to get to operating temperature in order to be drivable.

WHY SPEED DENSITY OVER MAF?

Spool your turbo faster then the traditional MAF with a 4" SD intake.
Ability to make up to 50WHP+ more depending on boost & size of turbo application.
Smoother on and off throttle, and part throttle operation. More crisp throttle response.
Ability to run vented to atmosphere catch cans & bovs, such as the tial Q.
The ability to still operate when boost leaks occur in the system.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 08:59 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
I used to think that, until I had Aaron at English Racing (JohnBradley on here) start tuning my car. His base map drives smoother than the "fully tuned" SD map from the previous tuner. And he has never even tuned my injectors on an Evo 8 before.

So I'll repeat myself, your tuner can't tune SD. There's no reason for driveability to not be as good as, or better than, a MAF setup. You asked if the idle surge and loss of driveability is normal, and we're saying it's not. So, clearly, your tuner can't tune SD properly.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 01:54 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
My car is tuned great on MAF. If SD is supposed to be better, but you're having issues? Still the tune.
Or, of course, you have a mechanical issue.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bumping this thread from the dead. lol, when going speed density from MAF, do you need a tune immediately to drive? If so, would an off the shelf tune be fine for a base map off tactrix 2.0?
Old Nov 7, 2020, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
As long as that OTS tune is an SD tune. I wouldn't convert until you have a base tune ready to go, and I wouldn't just use any OTS tune.