Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

An old/new EVO8 build for Buschur Racing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2015, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
An old/new EVO8 build for Buschur Racing

Hey guys,

Well another build is going to start this week for one of my old cars I've re-purchased.

I've bought Project White back from my good friend Kevin Lawson.

I bought this car a few years ago as a rolling chassis with a couple hundred miles on it. We built it here, competed and won Winged Warrior with it and then I decided to sell it.......not sure why I did looking back on it, maybe because two EVO's were too many.

Kevin hasn't used the car much since buying it and the mileage is still super low. The car is the right color too!

My son, Zachary, now has an EVO and wants to do some auto crossing and cruising with it and keeps telling me how much he wishes I drove the Bish more.

I'm going to leave Project White basically how it is/was and concentrate on dropping some weight through our bolt on parts on it. Diff mounts, mustache bar, rotors, wheels/tires, front center member etc. The car ran 10.3's like clock work on the old school FP Red years ago and I don't want or need it to go quicker than 9.90's, that would be a perfect responsive EVO.

I'll be setting up flex fuel on the stock ECU, converting it to speed density and putting in some larger injectors, it was out of injector on E85 back when it ran the 10.3's and those were run at only 32 psi of boost. I'll also be adding our coil on plug to the build.

I'll add pictures to the thread as we progress with the car.

Thanks for following!
Attached Thumbnails An old/new EVO8 build for Buschur Racing-11351328_866594090080146_3597700515719155277_n.jpg  
Old Jun 23, 2015, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Any pictures of the car how she sits or how you purchased it? I think I remember this car, but would like to see a couple pictures to jog my memory. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing progress.

On a side note, your son is one lucky kid.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Love this car can't wait to see what all changes
Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's some seriously low mileage! Congrats for buying her back.

<---in for moar!!
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63Rules
Any pictures of the car how she sits or how you purchased it? I think I remember this car, but would like to see a couple pictures to jog my memory. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing progress.

On a side note, your son is one lucky kid.
The car is being dropped off tomorrow, I'm going to post pics then.

My son isn't as lucky as I am. He's an awesome young man, very proud of him. Being my son is a demanding job most days, believe me, you don't want to have to put up with me. Zachary works here as many hours a day he can, everyday, always has. He also works for another guy in town on the weekend AND he started his own detailing business about 8 months ago, it's doing very-very well now. That was all before he even turned 17. The young man has more motivation, respect and work ethic than most adults I've ever know.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by David Buschur

My son isn't as lucky as I am. He's an awesome young man, very proud of him. Being my son is a demanding job most days, believe me, you don't want to have to put up with me. Zachary works here as many hours a day he can, everyday, always has. He also works for another guy in town on the weekend AND he started his own detailing business about 8 months ago, it's doing very-very well now. That was all before he even turned 17. The young man has more motivation, respect and work ethic than most adults I've ever know.
Sounds like someone has done their job raising a respectable productive member of society.

I'm sure he has a good role model to watch even if he doesnt realize it. I never realized it before i had kids of my own but my father was my role model without trying, he just did what came naturally which in turn I do because it comes natural.

Good Job Dave.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by David Buschur

That is awesome! He will definitely be successful in everything he does. It sounds like he has the motivation to do whatever he chooses. I know you're a proud parent.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If this car was entered into max effort at the shootout it'd be hard to beat. I know you never left Dave, but glad to see you back on the Evo board, especially with a cool project.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Update.........

I've met some resistance on this project......typically it doesn't happen. It seems that I am being encouraged to finish the Bad Bish before I start this and see if I can make the car acceptable.

So.......I'm putting this on hold and I'm going to make some changes to the RWD Bad Bish and see if I can make it not uncontrollable when the boost hits.

I need to make a thread on the car and how it sits now.