Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Beatrush under tray (higher temps?)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 03:13 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by terror rising
You could always cut out the fender liner behind the oil cooler and rivet a screen in place to try to improve the flow out of the cooler.
actually, i wouldn't do that. i lost the info, but i used to have a diagram of what the air in the wheel wells does. i'm 75% sure air could get forced back into that opening or, at the very least, impede the air from coming out. the louvers in the liners are usually shaped and placed a certain way for a good reason.

don't take my word for this.. i just remember researching it back when i wanted to delete my fender liners.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
If you look at an X with the automatic transmission there is a hole in the undercover under the transmission to let air exit there for transmission cooling. You could do the same thing with the Beatrush.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 04:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
actually, i wouldn't do that. i lost the info, but i used to have a diagram of what the air in the wheel wells does. i'm 75% sure air could get forced back into that opening or, at the very least, impede the air from coming out. the louvers in the liners are usually shaped and placed a certain way for a good reason.

don't take my word for this.. i just remember researching it back when i wanted to delete my fender liners.
I did not know that. Must now go search for this...