Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

so it started with the licp

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2015, 02:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
so it started with the licp

so I decided to do my first upgrade, the licp, i got a local made plazmaman one, I like the quality and the fact that the turbo end was tapered alloy piece, not just a plug onto the the existing turbo dump pipe. Anyway, when I finished I started reading threads on licp brackets and now I'm thinking I should put a bracket on it while I've got the front end off, then I read another thread on... if you ever change anything like this you need to do a pressure test, which means I got to take off the intake box and design my own end plug with a valve in it which means more work, not sure if I really feeling like doing this, then while looking around... I discover the battery has been leaking and acid has dripped down under the battery into the frame and rusted along the body into the wheel arch, so today I spend all day cleaning that out and getting some anti rust oil into it. I went and bought another battery but now I am thinking I really need a sealed battery that can take the g forces around tracks, these things are not cheap, I designed a little drain plug on bottom of the battery tray with a rubber hose going down under the motor which I will strap up in case another leak comes, anyway more hours in the cold under it coming up...... :-/