Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Megan Racing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2004, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dsmtuner23
Thats where i got my short shifter and ive had no problems with it
49.99 for a shifter?! I've heard of undercutting the competition's prices but that is so cheap that it makes me uncomfortable.

Oh, and ALOHA from another Delaware resident.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

I've heard of undercutting the competition's prices but that is so cheap that it makes me uncomfortable.
I think this is what hurts Megan Racing. They are too cheap!
If they were to charge 3 times the price everyone would think they were top notch and people would be raving about how good their products are. I have their 3" catback and test pipe. The quality is really nie. It has super smooth beaded welds, full polished SS, includes all gaskets/hardware, comes well packaged when shipped, fits nice, sounds REALLY nice. I got compliments from a bunch of people at the last autox on the looks and sound. A few people thought it was an HKS Ti
Point is.....don't be fooled into thinking quality is low because of the low price. Everyone I know with an Evo that has tried their parts has liked them.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by broeli

I think this is what hurts Megan Racing. They are too cheap!
If they were to charge 3 times the price everyone would think they were top notch and people would be raving about how good their products are. I have their 3" catback and test pipe. The quality is really nie. It has super smooth beaded welds, full polished SS, includes all gaskets/hardware, comes well packaged when shipped, fits nice, sounds REALLY nice. I got compliments from a bunch of people at the last autox on the looks and sound. A few people thought it was an HKS Ti
Point is.....don't be fooled into thinking quality is low because of the low price. Everyone I know with an Evo that has tried their parts has liked them.
Cool. Thanks for the endorsement. I guess I'm just afraid to order from an unknown entity when the price is 1/3 less than the competition.

Plus I like Kartboy so I want to patronize him.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

<Inappropriate Posts Deleted. Keep It On Topic. No more Bickering.>
Old Mar 23, 2004, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by BADEVO
I think the sides and rear are nice but the front needs work. The whole BLITZ kit thing is WAAAAY overdone. But if that would keep anyone from buying an exhasut component then you gotta wonder who's really the clueless one!
actually, it looks more like a buddy club kit with the side ovals filled in...either way i think the only kit for the evo is the C-West kit

anyone have any experience purchasing from megan?
Old Mar 23, 2004, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

i chose not to buy there exhaust because the o2 bung is in the cat delete so there is no option to use the stock cat for emissions.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Want to Evo
i chose not to buy there exhaust because the o2 bung is in the cat delete so there is no option to use the stock cat for emissions.
I took mine to the exhaust shop and they charged $9 to weld an O2 bung on there for me.

So the cost of the cat back plus $9 I'm still way cheaper then most catbacks.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

I just bought the rnr for 730 with the magnaflow muffler.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

And I'm not knocking anyones choice or choices. I just paid $370 Shipped for the CATBACK, $9 for the O2 Bung and $150 for the down pipe so all total with shipping I paid $529 for a full turbo back and I kept my stock cat. Not too bad if you ask me.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got 3" catback from them same 375, also MR hflow cat 75bux, 3" which is really streight thru design also i need 3" downpipe 150 yep, I GOT also springs, you get what you pay for, well I think its a good deal my buddy who is making custom catback for dsm's says its a verry good deal and sweet design for that price.

About their EVO? project i dont really care what they did its their own creativity.

if you would like to see pictures of the catback and how the car looks with their springs PM me.

Last edited by tweakdsm; Mar 24, 2004 at 11:09 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Could someone explain the 02 Bung thing to me better??? I'm really looking to get this cat back but I'm confused because I have to use my stock cat for emissions..... The state of MA have strict laws on this....

Please help to explain further....

BADEVO do you have pictures and did you install your self?
Old Mar 24, 2004, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EVONation
Could someone explain the 02 Bung thing to me better??? I'm really looking to get this cat back but I'm confused because I have to use my stock cat for emissions..... The state of MA have strict laws on this....

Please help to explain further....

BADEVO do you have pictures and did you install your self?
The rear O2 sensor goes into a bung (A threaded hole right behind the cat. converter). Its only function is to make sure the rear cat is running fine. With a test pipe or high-flow cat, it will throw a "soft" CEL because it's seeing more exhaust flow.

Basically, if you want to use your stock cat and still have your rear O2 sensor, you'll have to have one of these threaded holes (An O2 bung) welded into your exhaust at a local shop.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Ultor
I won't buy anything from them. Only because they did this

I bought my short shifter from megan racing. I HIGHLY recommend thm. Great guys over there, good product, great communication and FAST shipping. Not to mention a fantastic price.

Keep in mind that atleast they tried on that kit. Some places don't even try ..
Old Mar 25, 2004, 10:20 PM

My only prob with the MR cat back is that the holes on the flange that attach to the factory cat were too small to bolt up to the factory cat. Nothing a uni bit couldn't fix tho. Other than that....great exhaust.....beats paying 600+ for cat back.....
Old Mar 26, 2004, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

SO was this easy to install... It sounds like a lot of work? You have to move the bung, drill bigger holes.... I guess it is not a do it yourself project...

Would you be better off getting one of the cat back's that is easy to install yourself for around $475