Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Megan Racing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2004, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SO was this easy to install... It sounds like a lot of work? You have to move the bung, drill bigger holes.... I guess it is not a do it yourself project...
It is just as easy as any other exhaust. you only have to add an O2 bung if you don't want to run the supplied test pipe/silencer. Their test pipe that is includes in the cat back is actually a bolt on resonator with an O2 bung on it. IF you want to run the stock cat you would need to basically drill/enlongate the hole to bolt the cat on. Keep in mind this is a true 3" cat back..many true 3" catbacks are the same. If you want to run a high flow cat you can buy one with an O2 bung in it. Some Ultimate Racing exhausts had the O2 sensor in the high flow cat.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 07:34 AM

If anyone needs one let me know... info@speednstylez.com
Old Apr 5, 2004, 09:08 AM

That front bumper was actually a 94-97 Honda Accord buddy club front bumper before we completely transformed it into a EVO8. Took a good month just on the front bumper. The sides and rear were just added onto the stock sides and rear. I believe I inhaled a couple gallons of bondo...
Old Apr 5, 2004, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

The only problem I had over all was the customer service I recieved when I called about the O2 sensor issue. The guy made me feel like I was doing something wrong or I didnt know what I was talking about when I told him that the stock O2 sensor is not in the cat but in the "mid" pipe. He kept telling me that they had no problems with theirs etc....
Old Apr 5, 2004, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

for those of you whom have megan racings down pipe & 3" cat back exhaust. how does the exhuast sound etc. i have the dp on order just waiting for it & any issues with the 02
Old Apr 5, 2004, 06:16 PM

Originally posted by BADEVO
The only problem I had over all was the customer service I recieved when I called about the O2 sensor issue. The guy made me feel like I was doing something wrong or I didnt know what I was talking about when I told him that the stock O2 sensor is not in the cat but in the "mid" pipe. He kept telling me that they had no problems with theirs etc....
Thats why you should have gone through me...
Old Apr 6, 2004, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

I noticed on thier description of the DP, it says "3" inlet". Does this mean it tapers? Does anyone have any pics of it? The one on the site is an Eclipse DP.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

The downpipe is 3" all the way through, but the flange that connects to the turbo housing is not rounded out like the stock downpipe, rather a flat piece. You have to remove the donut gasket in order to mate it up. The fitment is pretty good.

As far as sound goes, I don't know yet. We have the MR d/p connected to a Perrin cat delete and UR catback, but we're having AEM issues so the car isn't running, otherwise I could tell you what the sound is like. I'll keep you posted.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by SPEEDnSTYLEZ

Thats why you should have gone through me...
If I knew who YOU were I might. LOL
Old Apr 9, 2004, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Will the MR DP bolt up to the stock cat?
Old Apr 10, 2004, 12:57 AM

Yup direct bolt-on.
Old Apr 10, 2004, 02:30 PM
OCD

Yea i have there catback for my wrx and it fit pretty good, it rubbed in one place, but i got extra long hangers and that took care of that, it sounds sick on the wrx, real loud but i love it, the only prob i had with them was there dp fit horribly, it bolted up to the turbo perfect, but was 6 inches too short to bolt up to the mr catback, maybe i just had a defect but i was pretty upset with that, they did give me my money back but i still wasted a whole after noon of workin on the car and ended being back to where i was before i started, only reason i was upset is that i am a college student and it was on one of the weekends i was home and i don't get to be home much so wasted time while home sucks, just figured i would give my input

OCD
Old Apr 10, 2004, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

ive got mine hooked up but its not doing right with the cat so im curious how u guys got it to hook up to hte stock cat. anyone with help i appreciate it
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

ive got mine hooked up but its not doing right

DR EVIL,

Megan Racing 3inch DP
Let me know how it turns out, I have my on order and should get it this week. I will be hooking mine up to the stock cat. Any help going in to the install would be appreciated. I ordered mine for James (speed-n-stylz) good price, and good help.

Volunteer
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

With the MR d/p, cat delete, and UR cat back (FULL catless 3"), the car sounds very beefy. Not loud at all. Sounds just like a rally car.