Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

clutch pedal weird feel and squeak...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
clutch pedal weird feel and squeak...

ok guys i have an 04 with act flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate...the clutch has maybe 2 - 4k miles on it...i installed it myseld and yes it was done right...gears go in very smooth and pedal engages/disengages fine...i noticed that sometimes when i press the clutch pedal in and let it out it will squeak...let me be clear...it will squeak when i press it in and when i let it out it will squeak again...i noticed that while it does it theres seems to be a bit more resistance on the pedal...maybe its in my head idk...well today it was doing it and after driving like 5 - 10 miles it stopped squeaking and i noticed the pedal felt light as **** and everything seemed to engage or work alot smoother...once again maybe its in my head idk...i got under there and pressed the pedal with my hand while it was doing it and it seems to be whatever it is the rod presses in or at least when the rod starts pressing it in i can hear the noise...once again, throughout all this everything seems to work just fine...car runs and drives fine...any ideas?
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have a squeak too.

This my squeak:
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

hmm...I'll check and see what it sounds like from under the hood but it sounds pretty clear in the cabin where the pedal is...it actually sounds just like that though...ever figure out what it is?
Old Aug 7, 2015, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If its in the cabin, could be the clutch master--look at the rod connecting to the pedal--could have some fluid on it ( leaking) that in combination with the rubber seal will cause it to squeak.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

i checked and the slave cylinder is not leaking and theres no leak under the pedal in the cabin...the reservoir is still at max...i pressed the pedal in and out and its not doing it now...i wonder if it could be from the car sitting...sometimes itll sit for a week or two before i drive it...
Old Nov 22, 2015, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

well it is doing it again and pretty damn loud...kreeker, did you ever get this fixed? what was it? any ideas guys? this sux...
Old Nov 22, 2015, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by nor11384
well it is doing it again and pretty damn loud...kreeker, did you ever get this fixed? what was it? any ideas guys? this sux...
Nope. I barely notice it anymore
Old Nov 22, 2015, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

damn...i cant take it...i guess ill tare into it when i get a chance...if i find a fix ill let you know...
Old Nov 22, 2015, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mine has the same noise i got use to it everything works perfect no issues
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MY STORY ABOUT MY OWN SQUEAKY CLUTCH OF MY OWN, I THOUGHT NOTHIN ABOUT IT, BUT MY CLUTCH STARTED TO BECOME LOOSE AND SOFT OVER TIME (SQEAKY CLUTCH STARTED EARLY THIS YEAR), DROVE IT THINKING ITS JUST LOSING ITS ADJUSTMENT ILL FIX IT LATER. COME TODAY 12/2 MY CLUTCH SINKS TO THE FLOOR AN I HAVE TO PULL OVER TO THE FREEWAY. CHECKD OUT MY CLUTCH. MY PUSH ROD SNAPPED IN HALF... I WANNA SAY OUR CLUTCH PEDAL ASSEMBLY SHOULD BE CHANGED as soon as you hear a squeaky noise.. Squeaky noise is a no bueno. I wanna say the springs on the actual clutch pedal weaken and doesn't re-coil properly, so NOW I gotta replace my MASTER CYLINDER. Hopfully this helps out with everyone having a squeaky clutch. EVO never had a squeaky noise till this year. MY EVO HAS 163,000+ miles

Last edited by Evo9"Miss Rose"; Dec 2, 2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

hmm good info...
Old Nov 21, 2022, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nor11384
ok guys i have an 04 with act flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate...the clutch has maybe 2 - 4k miles on it...i installed it myseld and yes it was done right...gears go in very smooth and pedal engages/disengages fine...i noticed that sometimes when i press the clutch pedal in and let it out it will squeak...let me be clear...it will squeak when i press it in and when i let it out it will squeak again...i noticed that while it does it theres seems to be a bit more resistance on the pedal...maybe its in my head idk...well today it was doing it and after driving like 5 - 10 miles it stopped squeaking and i noticed the pedal felt light as **** and everything seemed to engage or work alot smoother...once again maybe its in my head idk...i got under there and pressed the pedal with my hand while it was doing it and it seems to be whatever it is the rod presses in or at least when the rod starts pressing it in i can hear the noise...once again, throughout all this everything seems to work just fine...car runs and drives fine...any ideas?
Did you ever find out what was causing this squeak? I have the same setup in my car.