Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Requesting some car measurements from the community

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Requesting some car measurements from the community

Hey there. New to the forum. I just bought an 05 MR. It's a pretty nice car. Has a great list of parts and the engine is really clean. There's dyno sheets for 314whp on stock boost. But... It suffered a driver side T-bone. I'm in need of a couple measurements before I weld in the replacement structure and b pillar. So if you have a track car or your interior is out I need the measurement from driver side door sill to passenger side door sill at the pinch weld seams. Please be accurate to 1/16 of an inch. After pushing out the damage I got 55''. That is outside of the seam to outside of the seam, no sill plates, seals etc. I could also use the same measurement at the rear doors just in front of the rear seat. Thanks a ton and I'll try to document the rebuild if anyone is interested.

Or.. If anyone has knowledge of a factory chassis dimension sheet that would be sweet. I couldn't find one.
Attached Thumbnails Requesting some car measurements from the community-evo-interior.jpg  
Old Sep 22, 2015, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 124 Likes on 108 Posts
I can supply you with measurements. Currently have an Evo that is stripped down to the metal.

Kind of confused which pinch welds you are referencing.

If you could mark the points in the picture where you want the measurements taken then I can get it done.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 09:22 AM

Driver side pinch welded seam at door jamb.

Passenger side pinch welded seam at door jam. <br/>Deylag, thanks for replying. So I need the width of essentially the floor from one of these seams to the other. That way I can push the whole rocker beam out to the factory width it originally was. I could use a measurement at the front doors and rear doors.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 124 Likes on 108 Posts
So in order to get the width of the floor pan I measured from the driver side metal ridge to the passenger metal ridge.

I did two measurements for the front because I was curious.

First measurement was close to the front of the door opening. This was 54.875 inches.

Second measurement was close to the middle pillar of the front door opening and this was 54.75 inches.

I will get the rear measurements around Friday. I have a bunch of parts in the rear and I dont have time to move them until then.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 02:10 PM

Awesome. This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Thanks sooo much. I think this is enough info to finish up. Thanks again.