Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

no AYC, ACD?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2002, 02:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally posted by Guack007
I have a ? MrAWD
Does the ACD vary the percentage of front to rear power beyond the setting it is programed for (ie. even though TARMAC mode is 60/40 rear to front it will vary the percentage based on inputs)?
The difference between the mods (T, G, S) is basically how fast the ACD is going to react. For the "S" mode it has the fastest response which gives us the quickest locking of the center diff. Moving more toward the "T" mode, you get center diff opened longer.

In any mode, ECU will correct how much you are going to get on each side of the car or each of the rear wheels according the input from the sensors. Let say that you are in the middle of the turn and accelerating, if you increase the steering angle, more of the power will move to the outside rear wheel which will rotate the car even more.

One the other end if you decrease the steering input, than more power will more to the inside rear wheel and with a more corrections front wheels will get more grip too.

So, to answer your question, it will modulate the ratio as much as it sees fit. I don't really believe that there is such a thing as the 60:40 or so. The thing is that regardless of the mode, ones you lock the steering wheel, your car will be doing donuts (which will have completely opened center diff and most of the power on the outside rear, which passes 60:40 or anything else)!

Of course, this is all IMHO

Mr AWD
Old Aug 22, 2002, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thnx for the input. I just hope that when I get an Evolution 8 my driving skill will be able to stay in sync with the cars potential.