Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

are people laughing at me driving an Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 07:41 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Its funny the people that are not answering OP's question, but instead telling him he shouldn't care. Clearly he does, he created this thread, and telling him he shouldn't is pretty rude. Being aware of the image your projecting into the world is a totally valid thing and OP is simply asking for peoples opinion. It would also seem to me that anyone that didn't care what other people thought wouldn't be doing ricey cosmetic mods in the first place. Also the people that i know that truly don't care what other people think generally tend to be self absorbed jerks.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Its funny the people that are not answering OP's question, but instead telling him he shouldn't care. Clearly he does, he created this thread, and telling him he shouldn't is pretty rude. Being aware of the image your projecting into the world is a totally valid thing and OP is simply asking for peoples opinion. It would also seem to me that anyone that didn't care what other people thought wouldn't be doing ricey cosmetic mods in the first place. Also the people that i know that truly don't care what other people think generally tend to be self absorbed jerks.
well, the other responses are more useful than this one
Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by IzzyRS
well, the other responses are more useful than this one
I gave my response on page 1. I just felt compelled to call out some bs.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Old Nov 23, 2015, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Everyone's a critic.

Most of the time the people passing judgment onto someone else they have never met are so self absorbed that they are blinded by their own insecurities.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 01:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
I definitely don't care what people think of my car. And, yes, it's full riced. Super stretch tires (cheap nankangs too), dumped, poorly pulled fenders, blast pipes, hood exit dump, "illest" sticker, the whole shebang.

Last edited by letsgetthisdone; Nov 23, 2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
I definitely don't car what people think of my car. And, yes, it's full riced. Super stretch tires (cheap nankangs too), dumped, poorly pulled fenders, blast pipes, hood exit dump, "illest" sticker, the whole shebang.
LOL
Old Nov 23, 2015, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by cts4g63
Everyone's a critic.

Most of the time the people passing judgment onto someone else they have never met are so self absorbed that they are blinded by their own insecurities.
yah but thats like 90% of our population.

You can be what ever person you wanna be, but people are going to judge you and it will effect your life. Thats just the way it is.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
When you care about being judged is when you put on a skirt and ask if it makes your *** look fat.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonno99
Ok so I was out in my family car on the weekend and drove up behind a really nice stanced Supra, when I came up next to it of course you look over to see who is driving it, half expecting some young dude with a cap on who has poured his life savings into it but, I see this old silver fox behind the wheel, the wife looks over too and says oh another old guy like you in a car ment for his son and gives out a giggle. Ok so I'm thinking others are thinking this too, I know you all on here will say you can drive whatever car you want etc, but I'm wondering is the more slammed or riced a car is does this make an old guy look silly at the wheel? Do you know what I mean? Does grey hair and ricing actually work? lol
I didn't read any comments. Just yours. I seriously am not lying when i say this.. I had seen PROBABLY a 64 year old grandma driving a CLEAN EVO MR and when she went threw the intersection in that car i was like WTF! i honestly thought that was badass. Of course everyone is gonna say something about something.. But.. It's bad *** dude. Keep it up! If you were in a X it would suit you better though. The 8 $ 9 looks like teen car. The X looks more luxurious.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
I'm 58 and have grey hair. I have: 1989 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R (2 door turbo/intercooler RWD), a 2016 Evo IX-MR (397HP), and a daily Outlander Sport SE AWC. I don't care what other people think, nor should you. I've been into JDM before most of these 'kids' were even born! They can look anyway they want to at me, or my car...I'm the one 'laughing'...They think what they are doing is so 'new, cool, or awesome', when in reality, it's been done way before they were even born, lol.

How many threads on here we do we see where 'these guys' are blowing perfectly good motors, or burning clutches at 10K miles and wondering why? Nine times out of ten, it's not one of 'us'. Oh, and flame me all you want, it won't bother me any...

Last edited by NJ9MR; Nov 24, 2015 at 05:18 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact of the matter is you can't control what others think or do. The question was are people laughing at me and YES! people are laughing especially when they see someone driving a car that is modded with stretched tires, scraping sparks, little doodads and wing dings on the car, Red/pink/ whatever color highlights etc. wrinkled and even rusty fender rolls done with a baseball bat, suspension so stiff and not damped that the car is undrivable over 25 mph, a wing that never saw a wind tunnel. Yes people are laughing. Many of us here are laughing.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 08:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ9MR
I'm 58 and have grey hair. I have: 1989 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R (2 door turbo/intercooler RWD), a 2016 Evo IX-MR (397HP), and a daily Outlander Sport SE AWC. I don't care what other people think, nor should you. I've been into JDM before most of these 'kids' were even born! They can look anyway they want to at me, or my car...I'm the one 'laughing'...They think what they are doing is so 'new, cool, or awesome', when in reality, it's been done way before they were even born, lol.

How many threads on here we do we see where 'these guys' are blowing perfectly good motors, or burning clutches at 10K miles and wondering why? Nine times out of ten, it's not one of 'us'. Oh, and flame me all you want, it won't bother me any...
There is a kid in the Evo X forum right now, smoked his clutch with 800 miles on the car....
Old Nov 24, 2015, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by NJ9MR

Your cars sound pretty awsome, i think what most are talking about is this "clown" car fad. People doing really goofy looking things with their cars, which in general seem pretty counter productive performance wise.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
yah but thats like 90% of our population.

You can be what ever person you wanna be, but people are going to judge you and it will effect your life. Thats just the way it is.
I choose not to stoop down to the level of 90% of our population.

You think the 1%ers give a damn what the rest of the world thinks about them?

Quick Reply: are people laughing at me driving an Evo?