Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

are people laughing at me driving an Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 09:40 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by cts4g63
I choose not to stoop down to the level of 90% of our population.

You think the 1%ers give a damn what the rest of the world thinks about them?
judging people on their actions is how society works. I don't know why you feel morally superior for claiming never to care what other people think about your actions. We aught not judge people on what they have no control over, but their actions are as fair game as its ever gonna get.

I dunno what you are trying to say about the 1%, that its good that they don't care how their actions will be perceived by the rest of the world? Maybe actions like this?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/nest...land-1.3331127

P.S. I know this is going way off the deep end, but I get my kicks where I can.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
judging people on their actions is how society works.
Which is one reason society is so ****ed up. Everyone is too concerned about what the next person over is doing.

The only opinions of other people that I take time to think about are my family, my boss, and my closest friends...in that order. The dude that pulls up next to me in a Prius will make no impact on my life and/or the way I modify my car.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 02:06 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by cts4g63
Which is one reason society is so ****ed up. Everyone is too concerned about what the next person over is doing.

The only opinions of other people that I take time to think about are my family, my boss, and my closest friends...in that order. The dude that pulls up next to me in a Prius will make no impact on my life and/or the way I modify my car.
Its impossible to predict what someone is likely to do in the future if you cannot judge them by their actions in the past. Pretty much every facet of our society is built on this principle. Law, finance, politics, education, employment etc...but some how thats whats wrong with society? I don't see it. If anything we should judge our politicians more on their actions (just to give an example).
Old Nov 24, 2015, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not going to argue politics on an automotive forum.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some people are just a little ignorant. From my experience, some people will laugh at anything with a spoiler and make "Tokoyo Drift" and "little racer boy" car comments. I've owned a very clean 2g DSM, a very tasteful IX MR SE and now a clean 95 Supra... Each car has been made fun of at one point or another. Just do what makes you happy. You will never get everybody's approval with anything you get.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by apexnine
Some people are just a little ignorant. From my experience, some people will laugh at anything with a spoiler and make "Tokoyo Drift" and "little racer boy" car comments. I've owned a very clean 2g DSM, a very tasteful IX MR SE and now a clean 95 Supra... Each car has been made fun of at one point or another. Just do what makes you happy. You will never get everybody's approval with anything you get.
Truth...you will never get everyone's approval...but it's when you care about everyone's approval, seriously not everyone is a car guy or will understand.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 03:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
There is a kid in the Evo X forum right now, smoked his clutch with 800 miles on the car....
This?
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...ghlight=clutch
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:45 AM

hopefully you kicked his *** when the light turned green.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Originally Posted by Butt Dyno
no, the evo x section of this forum.

this...
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-already.html
Old Dec 1, 2015, 04:52 PM

Yes, society is laughing at you. People will stereotype 'cause that's all they know. As soon as Fast and Furious came out now everyone's an expert and all "ricer" type cars are now labelled in society. It's just the way it is.

It's the same with muscle cars. See an older gentleman driving a Corvette or something and the first thought is "what's up midlife crisis!". But little do we know he's an engineer for GM or something and loves Corvettes. Maybe he's a collector. Who knows. And who cares really.

You have to look at how much you value your Evo compared to how much you value your "image" to the rest of the world.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by white rocket
Yes, society is laughing at you. People will stereotype 'cause that's all they know. As soon as Fast and Furious came out now everyone's an expert and all "ricer" type cars are now labelled in society. It's just the way it is.

It's the same with muscle cars. See an older gentleman driving a Corvette or something and the first thought is "what's up midlife crisis!". But little do we know he's an engineer for GM or something and loves Corvettes. Maybe he's a collector. Who knows. And who cares really.

You have to look at how much you value your Evo compared to how much you value your "image" to the rest of the world.
Couldn't imagine driving any other car
Old Dec 3, 2015, 10:00 AM
BB6

I took my spoiler off early on because the clear coat was peeling off. So although it was not my intention to de-rice the car I must say it does look a lot more "mature" without the spoiler....putting on my flame suit now
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by BB6
I took my spoiler off early on because the clear coat was peeling off. So although it was not my intention to de-rice the car I must say it does look a lot more "mature" without the spoiler....putting on my flame suit now
I completely agree with this though, it does make the car look less "ricer" but at the same time the wing is one of the things that makes the evo an evo in my mind. Even though I prefer the wingless look.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 08:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I'm no spring chicken, but I love the Evo. I will say since I've been waiting for my build to get done, and picking up a 335 to DD I have been spoiled by the luxury a little bit. But I do miss the Evo. It's like a rabid dog that is always pulling on the leash. It just wants to be let loose. I love the car. Absolutely just wants to go all the time. It feels like the car is constantly whispering in your ear, asking you to step on the gas