Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Santa arrived early - with pallets of goodies.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2015, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santa arrived early - with pallets of goodies.

After two seasons of enjoying the Evo, i have decided to get more serious about the setup. Right now, the car is 380whp, and weights around 2900lbs, and has allt he right goodies to stop and turn. The car was a SCCA car for two years, but I haven't competed with the car, I just use it as a dedicated track toy ...

So I dropped the car off - added new 18in rims

Here is the old motor setup -

Motor torn down - getting ready for the built 2.3RR

New Parts - lightweight components for frame, motor mounts, built diff, and Garret GTX Turbo setup ...

The final setup will be with the car down to around 2400lbs, and the motor turbo setup will support up to 700whp. However, for track days, i am only tuning for 500whp/500Tq. With the new turbo setup, this shouldn't be a big deal, and the GTX claims good spool response even in the low 4k range. I will send updated pics when I get them, but I figured I would share my Christmas package.

In the meantime, i am tracking this .... which is super fast, and alot differnt from my Evo RS.