Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Can someone tell me what this line goes to?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can someone tell me what this line goes to?

As the title states, can someone please tell me where the line, in the picture below, goes to? The line starts off as a hard line and goes somewhere underneath the car somewhere below the brake booster and clutch master cylinder. I know someone here on EvoM will know where this goes!

Thanks in advance!

Name:  Evo%20-%20What%20is%20this%20line_zps6q5pb9do.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  220.1 KB
Old Dec 7, 2015, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's from EGR setup. the line that runs to the charcoal canister in the back bumper. you can either put the check valve in, or just leave it, or pull it out.somebody removed/ blocked EGR system on your car.which is a good thing.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 05:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
It's not the EGR, it's EVAP. And it's not a big deal. The codes for it are likely eliminated in the tune.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you to both of the above posters!! I was worried it had something to do with the ACD pump. Would it be reasonable to assume that the section of missing hose, underneath the car, on the driver's side rear, by the fuel tank, is a part of the above-referenced EGR system? Possibly part of the plumbing to the charcoal canister that's mentioned above?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 04:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts
It is reasonable to assume it is part of the EVAP system which is usually eliminated along with the EGR system. You might try reading through this thread to confirm.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-canister.html

Last edited by Terror Rising; Dec 8, 2015 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Corrected EGR vs EVAP (sorry letsgetthisdone)
Old Dec 8, 2015, 04:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
It is NOT anything to do with EGR. It is ONLY an EVAP line to the charcoal canister.

EGR = Exhasut Gas Recirculation. It recirculates exhaust gas to the intake manifold. The EGR valve on these cars is mounted on the #4 runner of the intake manifold.

EVAP = is a sealed ventilation system for the fuel tank. It takes fuel vaper, puts it into the charcoal canister, then sends it up into the intake manifold, or vents it to the atmosphere.

They are two distinct and separate systems, that are not related in any way. Please get that in your head and forget the bad info that was posted before me.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Letsgetthisdone yes your right . OP asked where this line is coming from. Evap solenoid sits at the end of the IM on the pass side.