Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

1997 EVO IV BOV Help!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 03:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 EVO IV BOV Help!

Hey so I'm just wondering if those with experience working on a JDM EVO IV could help me.
I own a 1997 EVO IV and I love this thing. Problem is, is that it's stock minus an exhaust so it's time to start modding and tuning! I've been wanting to get a BOV for it, just starting out on little things here and there before I build and I was wondering if anyone knew what I need to do in order to have an HKS SSQV V.III on it. All my older friends who have experience with this just told me I'll be fine and that it's super simple to install, my older cousin in AST (automotive service tech) said he would help me install this as well, but I just have a few questions that I believe most of them can't answer.

First of all, I haven't had the chance to talk to anyone with an older EVO yet, only Subbies and Skylines, so I'm wondering if it would be different to install a BOV on those vs. a 4g63 EVO?

Second, do I need a recirc kit or can I VTA on this car?

Third, do I need to purchase a flange for it to be installed or do I just need the BOV kit?

I found an HKS SSQV Version III on kijiji (Canadian) for about $120 and I'd like to get it, I just didn't want to be disappointed if I got it and needed additional parts or mess up the installation. Thanks!