Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

sometimes drive perfect and somce times stall when coming to stop

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sometimes drive perfect and somce times stall when coming to stop

hey guys so just needing a little help here. lately my crank broke in half. withought damaging anything, so we relaced it with a brand new forged crank and a new set of bearing. while we are at it i decided to do a different turbo setup. my old setup was just an fp red. my new setup is a 6262 t3 jb with an ets manifiot. tiak wastegate on a ver low psi spring. we finally got the car running. and here we go driving around to break the motor in. not hitting boost just cruising. some times when coming to a stop the car likes to die. it only hapens randomly. i give it a little gas for 20sec then its fine. my afrs read a little lean when it does that, any one might know why?
Old Jan 17, 2016, 05:58 PM

anyone?
Old Jan 17, 2016, 06:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vac leak? I would check to make sure all your lines are okay. Pcv valve will do that too.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 06:18 PM

i just went under there and took a quick look. since im just breaking the motor in i used a vaccum line fron the wastegate to the turbo and i found out it was ripped in half. would that cause it? its too late at night now and i dont have a spare line
Attached Thumbnails sometimes drive perfect and somce times stall when coming to stop-12557214_584835361668204_1512863113_o.jpg  
Old Jan 17, 2016, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
are you on MAF or Speed Density?
Old Jan 17, 2016, 09:09 PM

i am currently on maf. once all the problems are figured out it will be on speed density
Old Jan 19, 2016, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by moyassine
hey guys so just needing a little help here. lately my crank broke in half. withought damaging anything, so we relaced it with a brand new forged crank and a new set of bearing. while we are at it i decided to do a different turbo setup. my old setup was just an fp red. my new setup is a 6262 t3 jb with an ets manifiot. tiak wastegate on a ver low psi spring. we finally got the car running. and here we go driving around to break the motor in. not hitting boost just cruising. some times when coming to a stop the car likes to die. it only hapens randomly. i give it a little gas for 20sec then its fine. my afrs read a little lean when it does that, any one might know why?
This could be a number of things starting either with the tune and/or you must check your idling components to see if they are clear of debris. Good luck.