Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help with power steering issue

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2016, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3gturbo
Wow EVOIX315 did you watch your video? So your saying turning the wheel will damage something haha funny click the video above first thing the guy says is to turn the wheel 10-15 times. The air in the system on the otherhand is a cause for concern. If you follow the Proper instructions you will not damage anything. VACUUM PUMP IS NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS.
http://www.club3g.com/forum/maintena...ing-fluid.html

the video is posted as reference, thats why said watch the vacuum part. i only suggested using a vacuum pump because just about all manufacturers are requiring this procedure to bleed the newer systems and i have been using it for a while now and works really good. only trying to help the guy out.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So I did more testing and more testing and finally said enough is enough and I just changed the pump. Turns out it was the pump. Was not sucking fluid at all. Put the new pump in and instantly it started whining and bubbling and all sorts of good stuff. So at the end of the day....I got my power steering back. Thank god.