Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

when your number comes up

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2016, 12:13 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by BigT
Here goes the circle jerk.

Shutup, have a beer , and realize that anything can happen any day, whether you believe in God or not. Just don't be an idiot and make it your own fault.
the circle jerk began when people started whipping out their holy books....
Old Apr 19, 2016, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
If you think me saying this isn't the place to proselytize is divisive, then I think you are proving my point. I haven't said "If you believe X then you are Y kind of person" so i don't really see how I am being judgmental.
Ok... not here to bash (Net is full of it), but to promote awareness.

Define divisive: causing a lot of disagreement between people and causing them to separate into different groups.

the circle jerk began when people started whipping out their holy books....
Apply this again to what you just said and your previous response to the other member. What is your intent if are not trying to be divisive.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 04:54 PM

I would say my intent is to persuade people that this is not the place to proselytize . You may think im being offensive, maybe I am, but maybe I take offense to some of whats been said. If you think im being divisive in my comments then that just goes to prove that this is a divisive topic...
Old Apr 19, 2016, 04:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 350 Likes on 264 Posts
So anyone seen any good movies lately?

-pal215
Old Apr 19, 2016, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

I would say my intent is to persuade people that this is not the place to proselytize . You may think im being offensive, maybe I am, but maybe I take offense to some of whats been said. If you think im being divisive in my comments then that just goes to prove that this is a divisive topic...
So is interesting the way you called someone out for being divisive in the first place, then you cast blame on the topic as being divisive. I did not say you where offensive and thanks for refraining for being that way. The purpose for the comment you originally criticized was trying to offer help through concern to the OP. What his belief is a freedom this country still offers.

Just a thought...if something offends you too much then why stick around?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by whtrice
So is interesting the way you called someone out for being divisive in the first place, then you cast blame on the topic as being divisive. I did not say you where offensive and thanks for refraining for being that way. The purpose for the comment you originally criticized was trying to offer help through concern to the OP. What his belief is a freedom this country still offers.

Just a thought...if something offends you too much then why stick around?
The point of my comment was to point out that even small religious claims, when unpacked, contain a whole heap of baggage. I don't doubt that the comments you are referring to where intended to be helpful, but this is the wrong place to be telling people to crack open a bible.

I like this place, and I believe it is better served as a secular community. If i where to just leave then I would abdicate any influence I have on that. I would also add that, while it may seem like I am trying to censor people, what I am really trying to do is reason with them. I may be doing a bad job of it, but I'm trying..

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Apr 19, 2016 at 10:23 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Did we really turn this thread into a religion debate? FFS. Get your panties out of a bunch. I happen to be agnostic (borderline atheist to be honest), and you what know I did with Joe's post about the bible? I read it, and didn't say anything. He didn't do anything wrong, it wasn't rude or offensive. He has his belief he posted it, and that's fine. I don't care. You shouldn't care, no one should care. If his post was about Scientology, I might've made fun of him. But it wasn't. So I didn't....lol

A post about a near miss on a canyon road doesn't need to be secular.

A post about ECU tuning or suspension setup, or (Joe's favorite) wheel fitment probably doesn't need a comment about or from the bible. And you never see that anyways...lol

You need to read this meme and apply it to yourself, biggiesacks...
Attached Thumbnails when your number comes up-photo451.jpg  
Old Apr 20, 2016, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

The point of my comment was to point out that even small religious claims, when unpacked, contain a whole heap of baggage. I don't doubt that the comments you are referring to where intended to be helpful, but this is the wrong place to be telling people to crack open a bible.

I like this place, and I believe it is better served as a secular community. If i where to just leave then I would abdicate any influence I have on that. I would also add that, while it may seem like I am trying to censor people, what I am really trying to do is reason with them. I may be doing a bad job of it, but I'm trying..
You are making the baggage yourself. This is a community. People have different beliefs including none. It is a car enthusiast community. When the topic of death comes up you either believe that's it .............or you have religious preferences. The original comment the OP made was trying to be helpful.

Religion has been around for thousands of years and is not going away. No matter how hard you try ....... or cry.

Question: Does the money in your wallet upset you with it's reference to trusting God? If it upsets you so..... why even live in a country that references it? I hope you can find peace.....hate just eats at you from within.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Did we really turn this thread into a religion debate? FFS. Get your panties out of a bunch. I happen to be agnostic (borderline atheist to be honest), and you what know I did with Joe's post about the bible? I read it, and didn't say anything. He didn't do anything wrong, it wasn't rude or offensive. He has his belief he posted it, and that's fine. I don't care. You shouldn't care, no one should care. If his post was about Scientology, I might've made fun of him. But it wasn't. So I didn't....lol

A post about a near miss on a canyon road doesn't need to be secular.

A post about ECU tuning or suspension setup, or (Joe's favorite) wheel fitment probably doesn't need a comment about or from the bible. And you never see that anyways...lol

You need to read this meme and apply it to yourself, biggiesacks...
If you think this is a debate about religion then i Have failed to properly communicate. I really don't care what you people worship. What I do care about is people trying to convert others to their religion on this forum. Imagine if every car meet up you went to an (insert religion here) follower came over and tried to convert all of you. Happens once no big deal, keeps happening and people stop coming. I really have no problem with what Joe said at all, its some of the other comments that sent up warning flags.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 08:02 AM

You are making the baggage yourself. This is a community. People have different beliefs including none. It is a car enthusiast community. When the topic of death comes up you either believe that's it .............or you have religious preferences. The original comment the OP made was trying to be helpful.

Religion has been around for thousands of years and is not going away. No matter how hard you try ....... or cry.

Question: Does the money in your wallet upset you with it's reference to trusting God? If it upsets you so..... why even live in a country that references it? I hope you can find peace.....hate just eats at you from within.
If you couldn't tell by my Yahweh reference or my last name "Sacks" I am a jew. As a Jew i am perhaps overly sensitive to what religious dogmatism can do to a community.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

If you couldn't tell by my Yahweh reference or my last name "Sacks" I am a jew. As a Jew i am perhaps overly sensitive to what religious dogmatism can do to a community.
In the future it is probably more effective to just announce that you are Jewish. Awareness on both sides is then established, appreciated and respected.

I am 100 percent certain the comments you most adamantly opposed to will have the results you prognosticate. Discord through divisiveness is more destructive in a community and is best to refrain from it.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 09:10 AM

In the future it is probably more effective to just announce that you are Jewish. Awareness on both sides is then established, appreciated and respected.

I am 100 percent certain the comments you most adamantly opposed to will have the results you prognosticate. Discord through divisiveness is more destructive in a community and is best to refrain from it.
Oh man I got a good laugh outta this. What would you suggest? Maybe a gold star in my signature would do? In all seriousness I just want for this place to remain as religion neutral as possible. If I seem heavy handed, its because I dont want this to be a recurring theme.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Oh man I got a good laugh outta this. What would you suggest? Maybe a gold star in my signature would do? In all seriousness I just want for this place to remain as religion neutral as possible. If I seem heavy handed, its because I dont want this to be a recurring theme.
Glad I made you laugh. Star is your decision. Awareness works better first. Good luck with the heavy hand....... If one is used don't be surprised if one returns.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:16 AM

Glad I made you laugh. Star is your decision. Awareness works better first. Good luck with the heavy hand....... If one is used don't be surprised if one returns.
I was just joking about the star thing. Around here i would rather just be biggiesacks the evo enthusiast not biggiesacks the jew. As I think I have demonstrated, I have no problem defending my arguments though. The harder anyone wants to come at me the more I will draw from history and logic to counter.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^If you are a true and practicing Jew, why would you be offended by someone posting up one the best Old Testament reads in the Bible (Ecclesiastes)

Been following this thread & your comments have me a bit confused on what you stand for

The one thing I do know, we do have EVO in common

Quick Reply: when your number comes up