Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

when your number comes up

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
I've had many close calls in all my years of driving...Now that I am a Father, I lost some of that 'edge', and when in doubt, 'back it down'...When my club has a cruise, I see the young bloods doing some real wacky and stupid stuff, putting other people, and themselves at risk. Sure, I want to have fun, and use all that horsepower I have, but I'd also like to get home to see another day...
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:19 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 350 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ9MR
I've had many close calls in all my years of driving...Now that I am a Father, I lost some of that 'edge', and when in doubt, 'back it down'...When my club has a cruise, I see the young bloods doing some real wacky and stupid stuff, putting other people, and themselves at risk. Sure, I want to have fun, and use all that horsepower I have, but I'd also like to get home to see another day...
Agreed.

I too use the, "when in doubt, back it down" method. It's better to throw away a bit of the adrenaline for a bit of safety. Sometimes the "what if" is more likely to happen than we think.

-pal215
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:34 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
whats that saying? Young, dumb and full of.....well you know where im going. I think the longer you are around the more you realize how easy it can all come to an end. As your circle of responsibility expands and the more people depend on you that risk/reward calculation that goes on in your head gets balanced.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Solenoid
^^^If you are a true and practicing Jew, why would you be offended by someone posting up one the best Old Testament reads in the Bible (Ecclesiastes)

Been following this thread & your comments have me a bit confused on what you stand for

The one thing I do know, we do have EVO in common
The only thing im trying to stand for here, is that we keep the conversation as automotive in nature as possible. My comments about maybe being offended actually didn't stem from the religious stuff but the insinuation that i was perpetuating a solo circle jerk somehow lol... Which you can probably gleam from my response to that. As far as being devout and practicing, I never stated where on the spectrum of orthodox to secular i fell and I don't really think it matters. If you want to know more about judaism i would be happy to talk about it in PM, but im not going to do the thing i have been railing against here.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
The only thing im trying to stand for here, is that we keep the conversation as automotive in nature as possible. My comments about maybe being offended actually didn't stem from the religious stuff but the insinuation that i was perpetuating a solo circle jerk somehow lol... Which you can probably gleam from my response to that. As far as being devout and practicing, I never stated where on the spectrum of orthodox to secular i fell and I don't really think it matters. If you want to know more about judaism i would be happy to talk about it in PM, but im not going to do the thing i have been railing against here.
Having moved on then we can be rest assured our responsible conduct and situational awareness on the street can go far towards achieving our arrive alive goals. That's historically proven.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by whtrice
Having moved on then we can be rest assured our responsible conduct and situational awareness on the street can go far towards achieving our arrive alive goals. That's historically proven.
cheers
Old Apr 21, 2016, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Driving ten under in the passing lane, right turn signal on at all times.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought that the specific quote from Ecclesiastes is an accurate description of reality, regardless of your religious beliefs.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 06:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
For those that have reached that level, we can wonder & be curious but there is no questioning
The following users liked this post:
Solenoid (Apr 21, 2016)
Old Apr 21, 2016, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Well said Bro!