Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

No luck with this car whatsoever..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 09:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No luck with this car whatsoever..

Please delete Moderator

Last edited by Blackgloves89; Mar 6, 2019 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Close thread
Old Jul 19, 2016, 09:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hang in their friend. All material items can cause us grief

Not sure about claiming diminished value from an insurance company. Sounds like a legal thing Ive never looked into

Seems like the issues youve noted are non structural & the repair, if done right, will be unnoticeable & not affect the value / performance

Maybe adding a few of the mods youve been looking into will add some enthusiasm back in. I know it does for me
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
I have to agree with the above^. There have been Evos on here that sounded worse than yours, that were brought back to life, and went on to have a good life...It's really up to you. Your car with only 37K on it, is amazing these days! I'd hate to hear that it could be lost. I'd try (I'm not you, and only if it's a possibility), to do what MinusPrevious has said by getting it fixed (again...) and add some mods to it to change your 'view' of this "diamond in the rough". As long as there is NO structural damage! I wish you the best of luck with your decision!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
So if you are able to claim diminished value, do it. When I first started reading I wondered if you had a black car, might not have been a factor but I always worry that someone doesn't see me, I personally would never DD a black car as I think it has been proven higher risk of not being seen. Anyway apart from that of the car is still straight and looks good, keep it, you always lose when selling and buying, the next car may have had an accident too so you just need get your mind right and there's more to these cars then worrying about some future deal you'll make with the next buyer. There's still alot of drive time left in her so life is to short to worry!!
Old Jul 20, 2016, 03:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Just restating the above, but I would also fix it again (as much of an annoyance as it may be) and hold onto it as long as you can. You for sure have a diamond in the rough as not too many have low miles like that, so as down as you may be now just remain positive and once you get it back enjoy the car!
Old Jul 20, 2016, 04:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blackgloves89
First, i was hit in april by a dumbass who went in the incoming lane and hit my car while i was making a left because he chose not to wait for me to make my left turn.
I'm confused by this. So you at like an intersection, and you were taking a left. Then you got hit by a car coming from the opposite side. Or did I interpret that incorrectly?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
I recommend you stop thinking about the evo in terms of its resale value (cars are rarely an investment). As long as the frame is straight, get the cosmetics fixed and continue to enjoy the car.

Did you get an attorney for the recent MVA? While it is possible to go after diminished value, the juice is rarely worth the squeeze. You would be better off getting an attorney for your personal injuries (even if they are minor). A few doctors/chiro/massage visits could end up as a nice little settlement, which you could put into mods/wheels/whatever for the evo.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by nemsin
I recommend you stop thinking about the evo in terms of its resale value (cars are rarely an investment). As long as the frame is straight, get the cosmetics fixed and continue to enjoy the car..
What he said.
We own EVOs because we are enthusiasts. Things happen in life and sometimes we bust. Its all in the rebound.
Go bigger, do it better, make it faster. My answer to anything that breaks or gets wrecked.

(P.S. Disregard this if you own a yellow evo )
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:40 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
having been raised in California traffic i have learned the best way to drive is to just assume everyone is going to do the stupidest thing you could possibly imagine, and be ready for it. I have been DDing my evo for 11 years and have never been in a collision with it, but there are countless scenarios i can recall where i would have been had i not already anticipated the stupid move someone was about to make. Work on developing a heightened situational awareness and it will probably save your life some day. Motorcycle drivers often develop this because they are way more in touch with how the stupidity of others could very quickly cost them their lives.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:06 AM

Thanks to everyone that took the time to read all this and I appreciate all the answers that each one of you guys gave me. I guess i am thinking in terms of negatives and you guys are correct. As long as the frame is good, which it still is, the cosmetic damages should not be a problem. It is going to a good shop, A&L Auto Body, where i have heard great reviews about from evo owners in the chicagoland area. My evo is a diamond in a rough at the moment but have really been thinking about getting the JDM bumper, full downpipe and testpipe (if that's correct, im new to the performance field lol), and ecu tuning. The car is still completely stock since i have gotten it. I will post pictures of the accident and post accident pictures as soon as i can. I am not really sure about getting any personal injuries claim money but my lower back has been hurting since the first accident. I am getting the car appraised after repairs to see if it is worth seeking dimished value. I don't plan on selling this car anytime soon as i have waited too long to get my hands on it. Just the idea of driving it with an accident on its title did not sit right with me but i am begining to accept it, move on, and enjoy it again!!

Last edited by Blackgloves89; Jul 20, 2016 at 11:12 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Gh3ttoRoM3o
I'm confused by this. So you at like an intersection, and you were taking a left. Then you got hit by a car coming from the opposite side. Or did I interpret that incorrectly?
I will try to explain again as the cop could not understand it as well in the beginning lol. I was turning into a plaza before the main intersection. As i approached closer to the intersection, i signaled to go on the "left turn" lane and came to a stop as i awaited for the incoming traffic to clear. When it cleared, i began to make my left, this guy came flying from the back, over took my lane by going to the incoming lane, hit my evo's fender/front bumper because he was trying to make the green left turn at the main interesection.