Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Can you disable the immobilizer chipped key with ecu flash ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Can you disable the immobilizer chipped key with ecu flash ?

So long story short when I got my car it had one key and this one key has a nice bend in it like some fat *** sat on it I had 2 new keys cut but not realizing the keys are chipped my new keys just crank the car it won't fire with them can I disable the immobilizer in ecu flash so I can use my other keys I don't even have the key fob for this car so I am having an after market alarm installed anyway. But only having one key that is not in good shape kind of sucks
Old Aug 3, 2016, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take the immobilizer key apart and place the "chip" in the new key.done.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
That or yes you can disable it. Check the ECU Flash section.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 09:45 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
the answer is very easy to find if you go to the ecuflash subforum and do some reading. Im kind of torn on giving a direct answer to this, mostly because the question is of the form "Is it possible to defeat the factory anti-theft with X tool" and you could understand why one would not want to answer such a blunt question in a public forum. On the other hand nobody should be under the illusion that the factory anti-theft is effective in stopping someone from stealing their car if they really want it. So yah, sorry for the non answer, but do some searching and you will find what your looking for.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
the answer is very easy to find if you go to the ecuflash subforum and do some reading. Im kind of torn on giving a direct answer to this, mostly because the question is of the form "Is it possible to defeat the factory anti-theft with X tool" and you could understand why one would not want to answer such a blunt question in a public forum. On the other hand nobody should be under the illusion that the factory anti-theft is effective in stopping someone from stealing their car if they really want it. So yah, sorry for the non answer, but do some searching and you will find what your looking for.
Understandable just was wondering if it could even be done I would swap the chip to a new key but it's just a regular key I had made and I know the stock anti theft is garbage on these why I have it scheduled to go in for a viper alarm and kill switch I can post an image of my crappy key lol.
If people think I'm trying to steal it I'll poke around the ecu flashing forum and see what I find
Old Aug 3, 2016, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Evo_Goodness
Understandable just was wondering if it could even be done I would swap the chip to a new key but it's just a regular key I had made and I know the stock anti theft is garbage on these why I have it scheduled to go in for a viper alarm and kill switch I can post an image of my crappy key lol.
If people think I'm trying to steal it I'll poke around the ecu flashing forum and see what I find
its not really about what you are doing, its just that anybody could come across this thread being that its just public internet forum kinda thing. Its not that the info you are looking for isnt also on the public internet but no need to make it even easier then it already is. You already got your answer in this thread anyway. Now as far as the How part you should do some searching on that.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Already figured it out thanks
Old Aug 3, 2016, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Evo_Goodness
Already figured it out thanks
awsome, i would strongly urge you to keep going too, there are so many other great things available to you if you keep going down the rabbit hole. Take a look at Tephramod and all the features that adds to your ecu. There is really amazing information available on these forums for your evo.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

I've been reading about tephra mod and I'm not really a 100% sure what it does is it easier to tune with or is it just more features I've been reading the Merlin guide to tuning but only like 1/4th of the way into it
Old Aug 3, 2016, 04:02 PM

well just to name a few things, CEL Flash on knock, 2 byte to 1 byte load logging, launch maps, no lift to shift, alt maps /map switching (good for running 2 fuel types), gear based boost control, bigger fuel and ignition timing maps, AFR safety monitoring, boost cut on AFR out of range, 02 heater/signal simulation, valet mode, and a bunch of other little misc things/improvements.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Nice I'll look into it exited to dig into it