Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Body shop messed up my paint

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2016, 02:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Body shop messed up my paint

Recently I went to a body shop to have my rear bumper repaired and repainted, and when I went to pick it up I didn't notice these two things. First thing is there is a pretty significant gap between the headlight and the bumper that was not there before. The damage was on the right side so why there would be a gap on the left does not make sense to me. The second issue that I didn't notice till I was about to wash it, is that there are rough spots everywhere on the whole car like on my hood. When I left the car at the shop the paint was immaculate, I wash and wax at least twice a month, I know that it was perfect when I left it, but now there are those spots. I tried using a clay bar and using rubbing and polishing compound, but no matter what I do the spots don't come out. I know I should have inspected the car much more carefully than I did before I paid them so that's my fault, but my question is, should I bring it back and tell them to fix it or should I just leave it alone?

Old Aug 19, 2016, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'd make them fix it especially that gap by the tire that looks horrible no offense
Old Aug 19, 2016, 06:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
definitely take it back. I agree with above that looks terrible. U spent good money, have them fix it.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 08:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo_Goodness
I'd make them fix it especially that gap by the tire that looks horrible no offense
Sorry probably should have specified, that picture was before I took it there, the top is after
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Okay makes a little more sense then but yes I would make them fix the spots on the paint but they might refuse unless you have 100% proof it wasn't like that before. I can tell you my dad was a body guy for 30 years and I know what those spots are I can tell just by looking at it its lacquer from a spray bottle or acetone for cleaning panels before paint they put it in a spray bottle and it looks like they got over spray on your car
Old Aug 20, 2016, 01:55 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It doesnt look like that shop is into detail work!
The tiny rust spots is from metal sanding dust, easy fix!
The gap is from When they removed and put back the bumper, easy fix!