Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2005 Model Options?? Wish we had a GSR..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2004, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uh....another useless thread about oversea models "dreams" of coming over to the states.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

i personally love the 4g63 and the 16g, if mitsu changed those it would turn me AWAY from the evo... auto climate control, etc.... sure why not, I wouldn't mind at all but thats not the reason I'm buying the evo =D
Old Apr 6, 2004, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by spoolingEVOx
this blows.. i speak for the entire evo community when i say we deserve the options everyone else gets
I believe the majority of the EVO community would agree when I say we are lucky to even have the EVO. Now that MR model would be nice to see in the states. Thank you
Old Apr 7, 2004, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Buckkaaaa!!
i personally love the 4g63 and the 16g, if mitsu changed those it would turn me AWAY from the evo... auto climate control, etc.... sure why not, I wouldn't mind at all but thats not the reason I'm buying the evo =D
Perfect post! I didn't buy my evo for creature comforts, I bought it for an awsome performing stock car.

Great engine
Great chassis

If I wanted luxury I would have just bought a G35 Coupe but I want a great track car that doubles as a daily driver.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 04:59 PM

Come on guys, if you want automatic climate control, get a BMW. The Evo is a rally car, not a luxury car. Personally, I'm glad the Evo came without any fancy features -- I don't like to spend an extra 10K for windshield wipers that turn themselves on (I can do it myself for free). I'd much rather have extra performance features than luxury features (which is why I bought an Evo and not a Lexus).

As they say, that's just my two cents.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

just for everyones info.....i work in a mits parts dept...and when i type in an evo's VIN code in the parts cataloging system up at the top where it tells what car it is it says that the evo is a GSR.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/deta...82696&mime=JPG

Even on their own website, Mitsubishi now is saying that the EVO MR will be in the U.S. this fall... The RS was the most performance oriented EVO here, but now the MR's release is going to definitely cost them RS sales... they would not be stupid enough to pull the spotlight off the new EVO RS with misinformation like this if it wasn't true.

So, by this fall, we WILL have the GSR, RS, and MR EVOs... you all get your wish!

Everyone needs 2 EVOs now... a GSR with sunroof (dewinged, debadged, with EVO7 tails and aftermarket wheels) for an amazing "invisible" daily driver, and a smoke grey EVO MR with all the upgrades as a weekend toy.

Time to start saving your pennies children

Last edited by SpikeLS1; Apr 8, 2004 at 05:49 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

Good find.

It's official so.

Better get saving...............