Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO in trouble, took one for the team

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2004, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sr20det91
[B]Damn...Everyone has an opinion

Exactly, just find his *** and open up a can
Old Apr 3, 2004, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

One question bro.

Why you didnt followed him?

I was in a the same situation as you a few years ago. Some stupid *** drunk driver hit my rear bumper and he just took off. I followed him( i kept my distance so he wouldnt know i was following him), and call the cops from my cell....i told them what happend and where i was following the guy. 15-20 minutes later, the cops found us, and he got pulled over and he had to pay lots on fines, and ****. We went to court and evenutally he had to pay for the dammage.

Anyway, good luck bro....hope you find that *******
Old Apr 3, 2004, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

This is my first accident, it was during heavy traffic and he took off in a line of cars and nearly ran a red light. I didn't think chasing him would have been safe for anyone, he may have ran a red and killed someone.

I tried AAA and they can't run the plates, I am going to call the police dept on monday and see if they have any news on it, or if they found the guy. I did the best I could at the time, I really hope that they can find him and get this all settled.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Damn....after looking at the damage pics I'm going to guess that you're looking at $5K+ to fix that. Your frame rails look worse than mine...and I'm betting your trunk floor-pan is pretty wrinkled too.

BTW...you said it was heavy traffic, did you get any witness statements? Most people these days are dicks and can't be bothered to help out someone in need in these situations so I won't be surprised if you didn't get any witnesses to this accident.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

man i hate drunk drivers, i hope they burn that guy and you get your car fixed... it's too bad that you have to go through all the trouble though, i sure am sorry for you man, good luck.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Did you get a witness? There were lots of people around, right?
Old Apr 3, 2004, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

I'm sure there were plenty of witnesses, however at 6pm on a Friday night, no one bothered to stop and help. There was a female in the car with the other driver but I doubt that she will help turn him in.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 06:22 PM

y can't the cops run the plates for you?? Isn't that their job?? I would think they'd be interested in catching the guy.

Also that is a lot of damage sustained underneath, with the bumper cover without a scratch I could see in the pics. Did you take the rear bumper off or sumthing, cuz I don't see how that wouldn't have at least absorbed some of the impact. Of course I'm speaking from my experience with bimmers and their bumpers that actually absorb impact, so what do I know.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by sr20det91
Damn...Everyone has an opinion on how fast this guy was going. What makes the difference? If he was going 2 mph or 100 mph. None of you were there,you dont know what the exact circumstances were. There are many variables that could effect the damage outcome,
Right. Including weather and lane conditions . My accident could have been worse but it was raining at the time so my car just slid on the tarmac instead of absorbing the impact.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 09:02 PM

I know it sucks, man...I got hit about 2 weeks ago (EVO was 3 weeks old) by some chicki in a 97 Merc Cougar. The bumper cover was just scratched, but now there's a rattle every time I shut my doors. I will have to look in the trunk for damage. I didn't even think about that. The insurance company is paying for a new bumper and energy absorber. All the body panels are still in alignment so I think everything will be ok. It goes in Monday to get fixed. I hope they don't find anything else wrong. I would have rather totaled my car than have major damage to the rear end. I had an '86 IROC that got rearended and after it was fixed it was never the same. Always felt kinda loose in the rear after that. Good luck dude!
Old Apr 4, 2004, 04:13 AM
Evolving Member

I feel your pain man, once a car gets hit its NEVER the same! good luck on finding this idiot!
Old Apr 4, 2004, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Man, I need to buy myself a beater car.
Old Apr 4, 2004, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

You should definitely report this incident to the police and your insurance company. If you have an attorney or know somebody that is they can run the plates and obtain info on the accused.

Of course if you report the incident it will be your word against the other person but I am sure the other vehicle has sustained some damage that would verify the accident.
If you dont report the incident quickly nothing stops the other person from getting his vehicle repaired and then your SCERWED.

So report it immediately !!
Old Apr 4, 2004, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

I reported it all to the police the moment it happened. I posted that in one of my first posts. I'm trying to get the information as fast as possible so he doesn't get away.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Tell me that you have called the cops by now, right? If you haven't, put down the keyboard and do it now. If you wait much longer, no one will care, your memory of the situation will fade, and the guy will have time to undo any damage to his car before he is found.

SC~