Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Width of JDM EVO 7/8/8MR seats compared to ADM or USDM seats?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017 | 05:31 AM

Width of JDM EVO 7/8/8MR seats compared to ADM or USDM seats?

I've been doing a lot of research on EVOs as I'm in the market for one. I live in Australia so most of the EVOs here are imported Jap spec models. I read that the JDM seats are more narrow than the ADM/USDM seats, and I'm a bigger guy so I'm interested to see the difference in size.
Old Apr 17, 2017 | 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

I have not measured them, but yes the USDM seats are a little wider. But instead of going through the hassles/expense of getting a US seat, I would just get a good racing seat (Recaro Pole Positions are pretty wide).
Old Apr 17, 2017 | 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by nemsin
I have not measured them, but yes the USDM seats are a little wider. But instead of going through the hassles/expense of getting a US seat, I would just get a good racing seat (Recaro Pole Positions are pretty wide).
Yeah I wouldn't get one unless I could justify the price, or swap the whole interior to the EVO IX seats lol. I'm just worried if it's a little more narrow or a fair bit more narrow. Slightly more narrow is alright but if it's heaps more then I don't think it'll be too comfortable. I found the USDM/ADM seats quite comfortable for comparison. A few times per year I'd be taking it on a four hour drive. I know I could tolerate the USDM/ADM seats for that long.
Old Apr 17, 2017 | 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

See if you can find some JDM CS5 Lancer Cedia Ralliart seats. They have seat bottoms with lower side bolsters that allow extra thigh room. They should be very similar to what USDM/ADM offers. It is a plug-and-play affair.

Old Apr 17, 2017 | 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by cleong
See if you can find some JDM CS5 Lancer Cedia Ralliart seats. They have seat bottoms with lower side bolsters that allow extra thigh room. They should be very similar to what USDM/ADM offers. It is a plug-and-play affair.

Did you find your JDM seats too snug? Do you happen to know the width of the seats for comparison? Thanks.
Old Apr 18, 2017 | 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Yes I found the JDM seat bottom side bolsters too snug for my chap, and I'm not a chunky guy (75kg). As you can see in the side by side comparison above, the CS5 seat on the right are shallower so the sides don't bother you as much.

Pretty sure you can find a wrecker that has these. Although you won't find them in this alcantara finish because I bought them in the standard tartan finish and had them re-covered.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-03-Mitsu...BXj0To&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-05-MITSUB...dR5Hkj&vxp=mtr
Old Dec 6, 2019 | 03:28 AM

Jdm seats

Do the jdm evo 9 seats fit a USDM evo 8?
Old Jun 7, 2020 | 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Yup, they do.