Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How much gain can I expect from these mods

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much gain can I expect from these mods

hey guys , thinking of modding my recently purchased 8MR a little, it's currently tuned at around 211kw from previous owner . I have attached 2 photos that list the minor mods on my car done by previous owner , have not yet modded at all

currently thinking of doing the following, would love thoughts and suggestions for each!
-upgrading intercooler (ams or ems I'm thinking?)
-upgrading to a turboback exhaust system (Megan racing or boschur racing?
-upgrading turbo
-possibly bigger injectors?
-rear diff
-retune
how much kw or hp should I expect to gain from these mods , unsure on what exhaust system or turbo to upgrade to yet but for each I'm thinking of around 1k budget and getting the best bang for buck, for exhaust 1 of the 2 I mentioned seems to be the best way to go? However in regards to upgrading turbo I'm not to sure yet so open to suggestions

also, would there be any other mods I should consider doing along with what I have in mind? Keeping in mind I really don't want to spend to much more money on top of what I have listed due to money reasons

Last edited by Josh Minassian; Jun 13, 2017 at 07:09 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would do fuel before turbo. You can't look for theoretical numbers by just stating "Upgrading turbo"

What are you goals for the car? Don't chase a dyno number, it's just a tool used to tune the car and shouldn't be a benchmark for the car's performance.
If you want a fun, responsive street car that will always put a smile on your face and insist on upgrading turbo, go with a small frame t3 (5858, 6062) with 1050x injectors for pump gas. A 3.5" intercooler, and maybe a better fuel pump to get rid of that DW unit.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Eleventy Billion Horsepower. How about you just go get it on a dyno and know for a fact?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm guessing that car makes 275-300 hp with a proper tune.