Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Thanks Buschur!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2004, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Buschur!!!!!!

I just want to say thanks to the Dan and David and the rest of the guys at Buschur Racing. I gave them my normal everyday Evo and one week later they gave me back a fire shooting rocket ship.

I was expecting a change but what they gave me was much more than I had anticipated. The car is so unbelievably fast. It is much, much faster than it was before, it is like a completely different car. It is the best money I ever spent.

Both Dan and David were very helpful and knowledgeable. They were always willing to answer my questions no matter how stupid they may have been. They did an amazing job on my car and I could not be happier. I strongly recommend them to anyone who wants to turn their tame Evo into an F16.

In case anyone wants to know what they did:
I got a complete Stage 4, with 264/272 cams, Buschur ECU flash, and Rear Strut Tower Brace. This included ARP Head Bolts, Super AFCII, and a bigger intercoller. If you are not familiar with their Stages check them out at http://www.buschurracing.com

Thanks agian Dan and David -- you guys ROCK
Old Apr 4, 2004, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

so you have stages 1-3 and sent it to them for the stage 4 and to get tuned?
Old Apr 4, 2004, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

i think he went from stock to stage 4.i could be wrong
Old Apr 5, 2004, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

That is correct. I went from Stock to Stage 4 and the difference is absolutely amazing...
Old Apr 5, 2004, 09:13 AM

what was your stock HP/current HP?

how much did the whole thing cost?

thanks

EDIT: and are you running regular gas/race gas? whats the HP difference between the 2?
Old Apr 5, 2004, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

I did not get a dyno done when stock and Buschur did not dyno it. I believe that Quantum Racing in Columbus Ohio has an awd dyno. I plan to contact them to get a reading soon. If not I hear that there is one in Louisville. Unfortunately I have not found one in the Cincinnati area.

Buschur's web site lists what they got on their test car for Stage 4, so I am assuming I will get similar numbers. I remember hearing some dyno readings form other stock Evo's around the 250whp and 250 wheel torque. I realize that each Evo is a little different and that each dyno is also different. I will do it just to get a ball park on what I currently have and use the average numbers for stock to get an idea about the increase. I know it wont be exact and not exactly an apples to apples comparison but I don't really care. A dyno number is not all that important to me. It is just something for reference.

I am expecting to get around 365 whp and 370 wheel torque. That should put both over the 400 crank mark. Will let you know once I get it dynoed.

I am currently running 93/94 octane what a 94 octane Buschur flash. I have a AFCII and a manual boost controler that both can be adjusted for race gas. I am new to all this so will probably leave the AFCII alone (it looks confusing) and just turn up the boost when I put in race gas. The boost is currently set at a conservative 19psi - just like stock. I know that people in California are running 20 and 21 psi on 91 octane so i am sure I can turn up the boost and at least run that.

It was about $5,500 for everything including my gauge installs, ECU flash, and the rear tower brace.

-Doug
Old Apr 5, 2004, 10:03 AM

Great to hear they do good work.
I've been looking into the same thing...for when I get my EVO
Old Apr 5, 2004, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Man!

If you ever get up to Dayton, let me know! I'd like a ride!!!

Are you still using the stock clutch?
Old Apr 5, 2004, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Yep - still using the stock clutch. I have 6k miles and have had no problems with it. However now that the car is so much more fun to launch and drive hard I find myself doing it more often. I think I only launched my car once or twice before the Buschur mods. The very day after I got my car back I launched it like 5 times and boy did I smell that clutch smell that everyone talks about. I am sure that I will now have to replace the clutch soon. I will probably go with the Exedy Twin disc clutch the Buschur sells. I am not sure yet though as I have not done any research on clutches. To be completely honest I am hoping to my original clutch will last me until the end of the year as I am a little tapped out after all the mods at Buschur.

-Doug
Old Apr 5, 2004, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Yea im looking to get exact same thing but 272/272. What hp do you guys think i would get with their upcoming turbo kit? (BR480).
Old Apr 5, 2004, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

That is the smaller turbo they offer right??? If it is the smaller one and you are getting the complete stage 4 then you will not get that much more hp out of their smaller turbo. At leat that is what I understood. I think you will get around 400 whp which is like 30 - 35 hp gain over stage 4. You can get around 365 - 380 whp on the Stage 4 alone. I believe that the smaller turbo costs the same as the big one. Since you are going with straight 272 cams I assume this is not your every day car or that you don't care about the drivability around town or the idle. So I suggest you get the bigger turbo as well. The big one will not spool as fast but will give you huge gains on the top end to go with your 272 cams. It all depends on what you want to do with your car. I kept my stock turbo because of the spool up. If you don't mind spending the money and you want to maintain as close to the stock spool up as possible then go with the smaller turbo. It spools almost as fast as the stock with about 30 more HP.

Ofcourse you should check all this out with David. He is the man and will shoot it to you straight. He talked me out of a few things I thought I wanted. He is just not looking for a sale. He has your best interest in mind. He could have sold and installed a bunch of other stuff on my car but didn't. We talked about what the best setup for my car was and then he made it happen.

-Doug
Old Apr 5, 2004, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

So you decided to skip running in ESP and jump straight to SM heh?
Are you still planning on running at Kentucky Speedway on the 17th or 18th?
Old Apr 5, 2004, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Yes I am still planning on running at Kentucky on the 18th. I just heard that they are also running on the 17th. So I may do both.

Are you saying that I should now be in SM and not ESP? I know at least one other guy that had similar stuff done to his car and ran in ESP. I am not really sure about where I need to be so I signed up as ESP which is where there are other moded Evo's some with Buschur parts as well.

I plan to get my new letters soon. Was going to get ESP but will get SM if that is what I need. How can I tell for sure where I need to be?

thanks,
-Doug
Old Apr 5, 2004, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

I just do it for fun and am not very competitive about it but, I want to be legal.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

It's no big deal really when you are running locally. As long as you are running a few events for fun nobody would care. Technically any boost control knocks out of ESP..but we both know that most of the Evos running ESP locally in Cincy region have boost control. I'm not sure if the stage 4 package includes anything else that is excluded.
I'd like to see more Evo's in ESP. Just run ESP..nobody will care
Yes. There is an event on Saturday and Sunday. The Scarlet Oaks event was relocated to the Speedway for that weekend.

Quick Reply: Thanks Buschur!!!!!!