Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2004, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Dyno Results

These are corrected values for the current atmospheric conditions in West LA. Seemed low to me with all the mods I have.

I dunno?
Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails My Dyno Results-dyno.jpg  
Old Apr 5, 2004, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Those numbers do seem low. Do you have any A/F or boost curve graphs?
Old Apr 5, 2004, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

i also had my car dynod at brainstorm. i just couldnt find the printouts. 260 ho 260 tq with just a k&n drop in filter and a turboback.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 02:26 PM

hmmm... They said I was running very very rich and was overboosting. They dropped me down to 20 psi and I'm using the Hallman Pro RX so I should be retaining boost well unless my BOV is releasing to soon. That's a possibility I'm checking out. I ordered a replacement spring from turbo xs.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

i would get it dyoed somewhere else to double check. MY car also dynoed substantially less than the power i should be making.

I thought this was a bit suspicious b/c my quartermile times were right on track.

I spoke with Shiv about the DTS dyno, and there are couple things to consider. the most important is to make sure that the different input factors are constant across different readings (e.g. yours and the other guy on here with the 260hp on the same dyno). For example, on the DTS dyno, you can adjust for humidity, and what you put in can affect greatly the power that the dyno reads.

Also note that ap-evo83 has an AVO exhaust, which Brainstorm sells. I don't want to start pointing fingers, so ill leeave this where it is, but it seems like their dyno numbers for their own products seem a great deal higher than for other products.

Now, this may be because their products are substantially better, but im skeptical simply b/c of mismatch, on my car, between my dyno reading and my acceleration numbers. I mean, their AVO exhuast is advertised as making 50 hp in and of itself on their website.

Their APS package, with a turboback, intake, and chip, makes 295-300 hp on their dyno, and stock ones read about 235hp.

Im having Shiv dyno my car in the near future, and ill post up the comparisons.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 03:07 PM

they recommended i get the S-AFC and perhaps a K&N Intake Kit(to remain CARB legal as the HKS is not) and perhaps that would give me an extra 20-30 hp.

my main problem according to them is that I'm running way too rich.

Last edited by evov8; Apr 5, 2004 at 03:23 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you don't have any fuel control, trust me it makes a huge difference! I personally gained 37 HP at the wheels from tunning with a super AFC II to get ride of the pig rich condition at high RPM that the stock ECU is set up to run.

Keith
Old Apr 5, 2004, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dynos just display numbers. That one seems weird though because the HP and TQ dont cross at 5250.

With fuel tuning, youll be pulling a lot harder. Check out www.vishnutuning.com and check out the Xede. You can install it, download a base map and youll be on your way!
Old Apr 6, 2004, 02:20 AM
Evolved Member

HP and TQ don't cross because the 2 scales on the sides are different .. HP measures up to 330 and TQ up to 410 ..