Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EvoX has sputtering when i let off the gas

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvoX has sputtering when i let off the gas

I gave and evo X 2008 with 75k miles on it and when i let off the gas it sound like its sputters out the muffler also shifts for 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd it jerks a little any thoughts?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could have been tuned by the previous owner to run a little too rich? I know the EVO's and such run rich from factory slightly, but could be tuned a little too much.
Catalytic converter could be worn. Could have higher, aftermarket injectors on it, could have an aftermarket fuel pump on it... there are a few problems but if I were you I'd plug in a scan/diagnostics tool and see what your fuel map is running at and see if it's over spec first.

Juttering when changing gears could either be real bad or something simple like a loose linkage somewhere. Try removing the boot and having a look at all linkages and check to see if they're tight. If all good, could sadly be a gearbox problem.