Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo vs. sti

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2004, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Adair
Easy fella's. I have done the search and have read every post. I'm simply interested in some opinions. If you don't want to reply don't-
If you have done the search you would find this has been touched upon 1,000,000 times. no mean to bash you but your in hot water.

you should read the searched posts and form your own opinions.

lets not get lazy...
Old Apr 5, 2004, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if the search function on this forum wasnt all but completely useless he could have done that. Why not let people that want to respond respond instead of getting the post locked... If you dont like it please dont let the door hit you in the *** on the way out of this topic
Old Apr 5, 2004, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

I am aware of the differances in the JDM and US transfer cases. Thanks. What makes people look foolish is acting like snobs when a potential new evo owner about to spend 30k can't ask a question on a forum that pertains to the car he is interested in-
Old Apr 5, 2004, 03:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally posted by ducaticorse
Also, people here are sensitive about the EVO, they don't like hearing about TC's blowing and clutches going ..........
I disagree. Most are very interested in the topic, however, they are quickly sidetracked by a small number of owners who have had very bad luck with their drivetrains. Sort of like going through a hurricane. If you get through the hurricane untouched, then it was just another hurricane. However if you house was destroyed, it was a disaster.

You have had a disaster and I'm sorry but you have made your point....... many tmes. Two polls we have here appear to be contrary to your experience. Maybe that is what people are sensitive about?

The polls show that 80 to 90% of owners are not experiencing drivetrain problems. There is a known problem with the transfer case shim but it appears to be a small number.

Speedlimit..

Last edited by Speedlimit; Apr 5, 2004 at 04:07 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

I was simply looking for information in regard to my purchase. Something I would susupect you could do on a forum designed for that purpose. It was certainly not an sti vs. evo type question intended to offend people who have already had problems-
Old Apr 5, 2004, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

please do a search. all of your questions have been asked before and all the information you need is just a click away.

closed...