Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Manual Boost Controller

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2004, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manual Boost Controller

I was just wondering where is the best place to mount the MBC? I am getting conflicting ideas, some say under the hood and some say in the driver's compartment. What is the best place and why?

Thanks,
Eric
Old Apr 7, 2004, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well you want the vaccum lines to be as short as possible, so mount the MBC in the engine bay. If you have an in-cockpit controller you can run it to the inside of the car and mount it where ever. In the thread below it shoes where I mounted mine, I have it hidden so no one at Mitsu would even know its there.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=67303
Old Apr 7, 2004, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No need to have it in the drivers compartment. Trying to adjust a MBC would be dangerous. Most of the4m are super sensitive to miniscule adjustments and the temptation to crank the boost a little bit for an inpromptu red light contest could cause a blown engine Also, as scottatayamaha says, the lines need to be a short as practicable. I'd mount it under the hood in any appropriate place (your choice, there are several good places)
Check out this thread, it has lots of good info https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=silverevo8

Last edited by silverEVO8; Apr 7, 2004 at 12:28 PM.