Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

High bouncing idle

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2019, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
High bouncing idle

So I have a evo 8 I bought a bit ago, I rebuilt the top end do to the headgasket blowing between cylinder 1&2. I’ve started he car since then ran fine a bit rich which was because j pipe was leaking. The car didn’t have a radiator in it because I replaced the support and it gave easier acces to mess with the j pipe leak. I drove it literally 2 mins up the hill which is literally around the corner for this hurricane and my way of making sure it wouldn’t flood if my place flooded again. Well the day I went to drive it back down the high idle bouncing started by the time I pulled in the drive way it was surging. I have now put a radiator in and been trying to bleed it but it wants to push fluid out when the rpm go you to about 3k. I’ve boost leak tested it found the throttle body shaft seal is leaking. It threw a code for p0135 and I’ve changed the o2 and code hasn’t came back on. I’ve searched for a bigger leak but have come up empty handed. I’ve attached a video of what it’s doing, don’t mind the fuel light I have to replace the fuel pump hanger assembly still. The car will light studder miss when giving gas till about 3k rpm. I have noticed when I first start it the wideband read super lean 22 24 but then 15 and bouncing around 2k to 2500-3000.

im thinking I’m searching for a pesky vaccume leak but would like other suggestions has I’m pretty irritated and tend to look over things.

Tia.