Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fq360 by hks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fq360 by hks

Hi guys,
just wondering peoples opinions on something.
I’m interested in an evo ix mr fq360 by hks. The car itself mechanically is very solid. It has 78k miles on it. The only problem is the paintwork. It was sprayed not due to damage but due to the red fading in the weather. The spray job is poorly done. Would it be silly to buy this car and what kind of money do you think would be the max to spend on the car. Opinions?
Thanks,
David.

Last edited by David3796; Sep 30, 2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 350 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by David3796
Hi guys,
just wondering peoples opinions on something.
I’m interested in an evo ix mr fq360 by hks. The car itself mechanically is very solid. It has 78k miles on it. The only problem is the paintwork. It was sprayed not due to damage but due to the red fading in the weather. The spray job is poorly done. Would it be silly to buy this car. Opinions?
Thanks,
David.

Hi David,

If that really is the only issue, I would say offer the seller a price minus the cost of paint work and see what they do. It's not silly if you get the right price for it.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talk to local shops to see if you can find one that will paint it and for how much. In the US, many body shops do not want to do a full paint on a car - they want to do insurance repairs only.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 02:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 350 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve_P
Talk to local shops to see if you can find one that will paint it and for how much. In the US, many body shops do not want to do a full paint on a car - they want to do insurance repairs only.
This has been my experience too. The good ones keep wanting to do insurance work just so they can escalate costs and rake in big lumps of money at a time. I've been turned away from shops for projects that are too small for them or too big for them. Kinda sad really because we can pay for the work.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pal215
This has been my experience too. The good ones keep wanting to do insurance work just so they can escalate costs and rake in big lumps of money at a time. I've been turned away from shops for projects that are too small for them or too big for them. Kinda sad really because we can pay for the work.
I got an education in this ~20 yrs ago. I had a completely disassembled shell that had been stripped, bodywork done, fully primed, no glass, and I wanted someone to spray the color on it. It was 100% ready to paint and no one wanted to do it. I finally found a smaller shop that would paint it for me. The large shops, the ones that have the best paint booths, and the best painters (they paint all day), wouldn't even give me a price, they just said no.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 12:11 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Sounds interesting! What distinguishes the FQ360 HKS from the standard model?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Its tuned by HKS and comes with 360 HP among with some other little stuff i cant remember right now.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 02:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
From what i know, the FQ360 came from factory with a HKS Super Dragger Exhaust, HKS intercooler pipes, reprogrammed ECU, real fog light and different interior (seats, leather door trim instead of alcantara).